there any worth for forgin coins?

luked

i have a big book at home that was my dads that is full of forign coins.
my dad used to travel the world as a salesman for a concrete block company that was in buisness at the time in my home town. he was the sales man/ service tech and would travel the world setting up and repairing the machines....so over the years we have a lot of diffrent ones and i have been trying to help out my mom with selling some of the stuff she dosent need to get some things she does...so i was wondering if there is any value in these things at all

And here I was thinking you planned to start your own coin mint..! ;)

And yes, foreign coins can be valuable. I sometimes wonder if there's any value in US coins....
But as we don't know what coins you have it's impossible to tell if you got any silver there, for example. Take some pics and post them in id section and we'll see...

Voriax

man if i had a camera or a way to take pictures that would show up well i would..tried on some old IH pennies i have and tried 3 diffrent cameras and none of them work worth a dang to take close up pics

Do you have a scanner? That works too, often better than camera. Bit more work though. Or find a friend who has a decent camera...if a camera has a macro setting it should be possible to get passable pics...even my ancient 4mpix Olympus was able to produce identifiable pics.

Voriax

no scanner either..well at least one that works...thought about that too

got a new camera yesterday for the wife...and its got Macro on it so i can take the close up pics now...wasnt sure when we got it if it would or not so i went home to try it and sure enough it will do them....now i got some work ahead of me with all these other coins i got

Back
Top Bottom