KT bought a product to remove the green....

KingTotsalot

Official Tot Lot King
Forum Supporter
Mabelvale, south of Little Rock, Arkansas
on copper coins...moderately expensive...15 mls for $9.99 but the shipping was fast and free. This should be interested because this is advertized as a preservative liquid, not a cleaner. It is called Verdi-Care and you can google that and find numistmatic websites that list it for sale. The company's website has numerous collector submitted images of before and after. For minor Verdigris (that's the green crud or rot often on IHs and older Large copper coins), a single small drop will remove the green...leaving a small black or dark mark...looks much better than the green lump! Nothing will restore orignal luster of the metal, but when the green is gone, the liquid contains a water repellent component that will penetrate the cleaned metal and prevent moisture from ever accessing the metal again, thus preventing the rot reoccuring...KT has no coin to try this on yet but plans on doing a before and after shot...If someone has a slightly green rotted IH or large copper penny they do not highly value...He would love to get a chance to try this product and report to the Forum about it! PM me if you have one to do...I will take up to 3 to test. OH, and don't send me a rotten zincoln that will not improve in value by preserving! :laughing::laughing:

And YES, send KT a return stamped self-addressed envelop and you will get your improved coin back! Just want to try this stuff out....not keep your coin! LOL

Verdi-Care is awesome stuff.

It's one of those products that was a labour of love and wouldn't have come about unless just the right person decided to make it.

The guy who made it is a chemist.
He also has one of the most amazing Lincoln Cent collections.
He's also a nut when it comes to not "cleaning" coins.
When he found some verdigris starting to show up on some of his better cents is an old album he went to work.

I remember following the thread for the creation of verdi-gone on CCF. I want to say it took nearly a year for him to get it to the point he was ready to release it for sale. Verdi-care came after that.

CCF members name is BadThad.
I can't find the thread on verdi-gone but here's the one on Verdi-Care

The verdi-care guy is over at the coin community website. He's posted LOTS of before and after pictures with using HIS product. There are some cool pics, but it doesn't work miracles. Some coins are just too far gone! I started to buy some but never got around to it.

The verdi-care guy is over at the coin community website. He's posted LOTS of before and after pictures with using HIS product. There are some cool pics, but it doesn't work miracles. Some coins are just too far gone! I started to buy some but never got around to it.

I certainly understand that...I looked at those befores and afters on his website and that convinced me I should try it...I got no green Roman silvers but I got a few Roman Bronzes with some heavy spots and one that has quite a bit of green on it as a lighter dusting...hopefully it will at least cut it some and seal it so it will not get worse.

Back
Top Bottom