First couple hunts this year yields firsts for me!

ryno509

Now I am my 3rd year in I have already been out more times then the couple of hunts I got to do last year. I am itching to get out as much as I can now that I have refined my research.

First place was right behind my Mom's house. I've been trying to find out who owned or how about going to ask permission for the past year. Until they started to tear down what is some insane acreage to build new homes. :( I mustered up the courage to ask one of the foreman if I could detect while no one was working. He gave me the okay.

The home I believe is late 1800s maybe early 1900s range. Although on the 1856 map there was I believe another home that was no longer there.

Although the dozers and the amount of trees cleared left me kind of hopeless and I found most of these finds in the ground that was left untouched. I got in a 3 hour hunt and managed these items.
My first good target of the year was a undateable Buffalo (which is a first for me as well as the musket ball. A 1903 IHP that got nicked by the mower and a button (not sure how old).

Unfortunately when I went back the next week the site had gone through too much dozing for me to even attempt to try.

My 2nd property is a 90 acre barn that I have access to whenever I please.
The barn is I believe mid 1800s and the house is 1890. Good targets are difficult/slim here, and I thought I would find older stuff, but I'm happy with another first.

I spent a good 6-7 hours detecting and didn't come up with much. But I am happy with my finds.
One of my targets was my first token, that reads "Good for 10 cent drink" maybe some of you can enlighten me on how old this may be? I'm guessing 1930's era? The other side is the name of the tavern down the road that still exists today.

I also found some silver for the day, my 3rd merc since detecting.
Lastly I found some ornate piece. I have no clue as to what it is.. I thought maybe a suspender clip decor or maybe a horse tack brouche? I would assume maybe women's because of the floral design. Rang up 66-67 on my AT Pro.. so? Aluminum? Not sure because of the patina?

Here are the front and back. Any insight of what it is or what date range it maybe is much appreciated!

Thanks for looking! HH everyone!

The unknown object is brass. Smaller brass objects are typically a mid tone ranging from the high 50's to low 70's. Larger brass pieces are typically a high tone in the 80's. Not sure on what it is though. Some sort of decorative piece.

Great finds..... I love that token! I'm sure its early 1900's.....maybe teens or a bit older

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Awesome finds!
Thanks!
The unknown object is brass. Smaller brass objects are typically a mid tone ranging from the high 50's to low 70's. Larger brass pieces are typically a high tone in the 80's. Not sure on what it is though. Some sort of decorative piece.
Thanks for the insight, haven't found too much brass with in my first couple of years.

Great finds..... I love that token! I'm sure its early 1900's.....maybe teens or a bit older
Thanks Tundra! Not anything compared to your tokens, but i'll take it for the display.

Nice finds, ryno! I really like the wrap-up photos with the finds grouped on the stump :thumbsup: And good job securing permission on the one site with enough time to at least get a little hunting in. I’m a sucker for tokens, so that’s my favorite find of the bunch! Ditto what Mason B said - the mystery piece is definitely brass. That squared loop on the one side definitely implies that it was a fastener or strap holder of some kind.

Thanks for sharing!

Nice finds, ryno! I really like the wrap-up photos with the finds grouped on the stump :thumbsup: And good job securing permission on the one site with enough time to at least get a little hunting in. I’m a sucker for tokens, so that’s my favorite find of the bunch! Ditto what Mason B said - the mystery piece is definitely brass. That squared loop on the one side definitely implies that it was a fastener or strap holder of some kind.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks AirmetTango, that is actually my window sill, I live in an apartment that was converted from an 1800s candy factory. The brass piece was identified in Help ID My Finds as a sash buckle. I like the token too, especially because it has the name of the town I found it in.

Awesome finds!!
Thank you!

Great finds! Thank you for sharing with us.
Thanks V!

Back
Top Bottom