New Minelab machine!! See it here!

I lifted off the handle, applied CA glue with accelerator, then applied CF tape over the spot and tightened the handle back on. It would have soon snapped if I had not done this. To fix a broken one you can get thin rectangular strips of CF and attach using CA glue on the inside, then do what I did on the rest and might be fine.

I lifted off the handle, applied CA glue with accelerator, then applied CF tape over the spot and tightened the handle back on. It would have soon snapped if I had not done this. To fix a broken one you can get thin rectangular strips of CF and attach using CA glue on the inside, then do what I did on the rest and might be fine.

Thanks... what's "CA" glue?

R5

My opinion

Is , ML made these 2 machines to take back some lost business in the mid range waterproof to ten feet category, Atpro, MXSport , not interfering with high end sale's -E-trac, CTX 3030 , these machines should do good however, depending on feature's , performance, adding semi waterproof light with good feature's two choice's, was a smart move, i guess- ML finally realized, the loss of opportunity, and finally beamed back down to earth :roll::laughing: TESTING real time WILL TELL , ill stick to my high end, don't need any Mid grade for now, but they look like nice machine's with the feature's offered at a reasonable price :thumbsup:

Performance should be the teller. Its not going to replace the CTX as the best all around machine...... but it will take more of them out of the water. We asked for a NEW Xcal...... this may just be it ..... faster, more options for freqs and smaller gold, lighter and with a TID....... at what price with no mods required? If its performance is anywhere near the Xcal id get one just because of the higher single freq for dry sand. That would put the Xcal back as a dive machine. Ive not notice a lot of difference between the CTX and Xcal out there....... if this machine provides that close of a comparison i think i have a new wader on board. Should really cut back on MLs warranty repairs to both the CTX and Xcal. What other options were we looking for in a good wader/dry sand machine? Its not going to do it all..... but what machine does. Good example is where Joe hunts in the bay in PP mode.

Few Things

Wonder if the wireless blue tooth head phones are water proof, most likely not, just like the CTX3030s, and i am sure they didn't waterproof the module , my opinion everything should have been waterproof on the CTX3030s, i notice that the face plate looks a bit thinner than the CTX3030s, the lightness is a plus, options are nice, i am interested , when my arm is shot from swinging the CTX3030s, just maybe i can go the extra mile with the Equinox, DEW ill let you test it out 1st buddy , howboutit :yes::lol: PS If anyone here's about the actual release date, please post it.

Last edited:
Even if it's only waterproof to ten feet that would work for me, i do not dive but regularly go neck deep. I just want to see some in salt water comparisons vs an excal and if it holds up i am a buyer...

Surf..... it would kind of be like someone asking me what i found today. Ya ill let you know if its a good machine.:laughing: I do highly recommend to you the ACE 250 if that helps :lol:.

To me its a whites with a ML label.... simpler than a V3, but water proof, im not sure i would notice a depth difference here in Fl.... havent with the CTX over the Xcal. BUT.... with the right combo working in the water it may be more sensitive than either of them. I dont think anyone can argue on the dry sand it could have an advantage sensitivity wise... especially on small gold. Now ....what kind of water connector is used for the headphones? Hopefully they stayed consistent with the CTX connector.

Surf ive not ordered one......but for the price over the Xcal mod and CTX im not sure i wont. It would be an interesting machine to play with on the beach...... BUT im from MO..... ill wait to see the PROs and CONs.

Dew

I here ya, flipping a coin here, definitely by look's, the cable look's cheap, the plastic face looks thinner than the CTX3030, i know they cut weight, but don't want a machine with cracking, or leaking face issue's down the road, Frequencies are wright on the 800 for Us, fast is good, Id is good, of coarse they mentioned 2 extra coils you can- get, the price better be half of what the CTX Smart coils cost, not paying 400 clams anymore :shock:, i was joking with you, i might get one down the road, my beach house is very close to finished , actually they should have been done a month ago :mad:, but my buddy said don't rush them, or you get the screws :roll:, looking forward to THE- water hunter's reviews on this one, as the tech's video --through a catch 22 in their , most likely to PROMOTE SALES FOR ML :yes::lol: However this one is just like the show :laughing: THE PRICE IS WRIGHT :hmmm: It could be the case of, let's cut the price in half this time, sell twice as much, AND capture the Mid range semi waterproof market ALL IN ONE SHOT :yes::extrahappy::money::gettinmoney:

It does seem too good to be true. I'd love to see it work in water especially totally submerged.

Golden Oaks

Agreed, when the tech said he put the CTX3030 on the back burner #2 machine, and the Equinox 1 1/2 times less in price which is now his #1 go to machine :laughing: I smell fish , does anybody have some :worms: i want to go Snake-head fishing , and want to be dropped in by parachute- in the FOG HOWBOUTIT :laughing::laughing::laughing::takeoff::fishin: PS It had me thinking so much, wanting do take the bait, i put 1 of my CTX3030's on the classified up for sale- 2 hours' :giggle: before taking it down, very clever , can't wait for the reviews . On the other hand I REST MY Case as on the All About Detectors Forum there is 26 pages on this machine AMEN I stopped reading on page 13 burnt out :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Last edited:
Surf...... why the heck do they even put an external speak on a waterproof machine...... it can leak, no one uses them, and it burns batteries? Even as a dirt digger it served no purpose to me......and now with wireless headphones are they even needed.....snake country maybe. Did you see..... looks like a new headphone connector too.... that bites. Almost looks like a push in and twist type with O rings. Theres your leak.

Surf lets not get ahead of ourselves...... remember Fisher has TWO new machines they are about to come up with. One may well be a PI with disc..... game changer to me for water hunters.

Surf...... why the heck do they even put an external speak on a waterproof machine...... it can leak, no one uses them, and it burns batteries? Even as a dirt digger it served no purpose to me......and now with wireless headphones are they even needed.....snake country maybe. Did you see..... looks like a new headphone connector too.... that bites. Almost looks like a push in and twist type with O rings. Theres your leak.

Surf lets not get ahead of ourselves...... remember Fisher has TWO new machines they are about to come up with. One may well be a PI with disc..... game changer to me for water hunters.

Interesting. What's the latest news with Fisher? Trying to do some quick googling just yields guesses and predictions about the CZX from 2015 & 2016 :?:

Think we'll ever see anymore research put into new truly waterproof machines like the cz-21, excal, dualfield etc or have they gone just about as far as they could with that and are now catering to land lubbers that want the gps and fancy screens and Picture in Picture CNN/side scan sonar display :grin:

Dew

Don't forget, SEMI waterproof, the CTX3030 was designed for all hunting, a lot of hunter's just use it on land, some don't like head phones, or bud's, even though the CTX3030 has a wireless module, and the new machine, my gripe is , the modules should be waterproof also the receiver on the machine for wireless, this problem should have been solved on the Equinox, however i am sure the module isn't waterproof, and i am sure you have to buy waterproof headphone's, as far as the jack goes, the look's of that line, they better keep the same CTX connection , i am done with buying sets of waterproof headphones , most of which the manufacturer's make are junk, I use the SunRay gold headphones for land, and purchased - Harold's for water, yes the jack is a weak point, just like the battery compartment for leakage, just want a surf -splash , occasional dunk able machine not having to take nothing off, just 3 thing's i like about the EQ so far is the lightness, Frequencies with the ability to use single,- or multi with some high gold Frequencies , semi waterproof , all manufacturers should start making detector's this way as , some like hunting in the rain, the CTX3030 you can, E-trac, F75, V3i- you cant , EQ you can, a game changer for future detector sale's , if manufacturer's don't do this, they will loose business , as far as Fisher goes , they are over due , but i like them.

YA

Never know , since i herd rumors of the machine not available till spring, there are plenty more machines that can come out , if i were ML , they shouldn't release video's of a new machine premature long- before availability , kinda makes people mad , because it's to far off to get there hand's on one, very disappointed here.

MA

Unique it what way :laughing: Double the price , hook the charger up to everything, hyped up machine by 2 on here, when the Judge finally comes out this spring, the Deus will sell for pennies , Vic has the wright idea, new technology happen's, i have taken some losses over the year's, but that's the way the ball bounce's , take Coin Whisperer's post serious :roll::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Surf.......ive not really noticed a depth or even sensitivity difference IN THE WATER between the Xcal and CTX.... and i enjoy hunting with both. If this is their equal in the water...... id be ok with that.... since there are advantages for high and single freq sand hunting, weight, and movement in the water.... and yes that hard to get past cost difference. If it sounds to true???

Dont have a timeframe on the Fishers....... but both im told may be worth a look with one being a PI hybrid. So i like this machine...... but not dropping a dime till i see what Fisher has to offer. I drop my money in a heart beat for a good disc sensitive PI

Back
Top Bottom