Nearly 80 gram necklace back with it's owner.

Kapi

Forum Supporter
On Sept 13th Biagio Bello posted on Swip Swap Facebook page that he had lost his necklace while boogy boarding at a local beach on the 12th. The necklace was given to him by his brother ten years ago and was very sentimental to him. That beach is steep mushy and items lost there are usually very hard to recover.

A friend from my church tagged me in the post with the hopes that I might be able to go find it for him.

I was able to get to the beach on the 16th to try to find the necklace. To be honest I didn't think there was much hope as the necklace was 80 grams which is very heavy and in the 4 days that it was there the surf was anywhere from 2 to 6 foot high and very rough. On top of that the necklace was lost in the water so getting to it would be very difficult. Luckily he lost it during mid tide so there was a slight chance that it would still be near the low tide line and not too deep to locate. Also in my favor the tide would be going out a bit further due to the positioning of the moon.

After talking with Biagio I had a good idea of where to look so I met up with Karen. I said a prayer and started the search low on the beach as the tide was on it's last two hours of going out. About two hours into the search the tide was now turning and coming back in and I was as far out into the tide that I could go when I heard a nice tone and dug a scoop of sand. Nothing. Checking the spot I could tell it was still there just deeper. I took another scoop and then another. The surf was still very rough and I was in about knee deep water with waves breaking near my waist. On the third scoop and about 10 to 12 inches under the sand I had it... sort of. I saw the necklace partly hanging out of the scoop as I lifted the scoop up out of the water and the necklace was so heavy that it slipped out of the scoop and back into the water and I grabbed for it with my hand and was able to catch it. Yay!

Yesterday I was able to meet the very nice Biagio Bello and returned the necklace to him. What a fantastic experience. There is nothing like seeing someones face when they get a lost item back. Thank you God for using me as you do. And thank you Karen for helping me search!

Attachments

• Sept 16 17 Necklace return.jpg
    Sept 16 17 Necklace return.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 745
  • Sept 19 17 Necklace return.jpg
    Sept 19 17 Necklace return.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 704
Back
Top Bottom