Has TreasureNet.com been sold ?

ToddB64

Elite Member
Dear friends,

Back in May of this year I received an E-mail from the creator and webmaster of TreasureNet.com, Marc Austin, advising that due to his need for a "chunk of cash", he would be forced to sell TreasureNet.com at a low-ball price.

Today I tried to go to the website, using the regular address www.treasurenet.com, but could not get a connection.

Does anyone know if the website was sold ? If so, is the new owner going to continue operation of TreasureNet or will it be operating under a new name ?

Any information on the current status of T'Net will be appreciated.

Thanks much !

ToddB64

It hasnt been sold but they are having hardware issues and the site is down...d2

Dear friends,

Back in May of this year I received an E-mail from the creator and webmaster of TreasureNet.com, Marc Austin, advising that due to his need for a "chunk of cash", he would be forced to sell TreasureNet.com at a low-ball price.

Today I tried to go to the website, using the regular address www.treasurenet.com, but could not get a connection.

Does anyone know if the website was sold ? If so, is the new owner going to continue operation of TreasureNet or will it be operating under a new name ?

Any information on the current status of T'Net will be appreciated.

Thanks much !

ToddB64
There's another MD forum, who knew :D

Site says a hardware error and fingers crossed will be back up on Monday.

I got right in to see the message.

D'OH - 2 others responded before I could post my message.

In ran into another detector in Fallon on thanksgiving who is on that forum and he said it was damaged by a hacker. Once they get everything fixed it willk be back up. I don't know this for sure but thats what I heard.:?:

Good to know that they weren't hacked. Hardware failure is a bummer. If they could swing it (pun intended) they may want to think about having a backup server on hand or at least order an extra card for their drives.

A couple of backup drives are always good to have. Maybe Tnet needs a better firewall. I wonder what kind of hardware they're running.

A couple of backup drives are always good to have. Maybe Tnet needs a better firewall. I wonder what kind of hardware they're running.

How can a firewall prevent a failure in the RAID interface card?

For those that are conspiracy theorists, another alternative explanation for why Treasurenet has been off line can be found here.

For those that are conspiracy theorists, another alternative explanation for why Treasurenet has been off line can be found here.

WOW and to think these people can vote and have children :shock:
That is one interesting discusion

Wow!
After reading the whole thread...I am very tired!

I can see why the mods here will let threads like this only go so far until they are shut down.

THANK YOU FOR THAT!

Out of control, unsubstantiated ranting is something I usually try to avoid, if I can.

This is a nice friendly place that is devoted to something we all love...
Metal detecting!

Glad the mods are keeping it that way.

I love this place!

HH

[/URL]

Ouch that's a pretty bad crash if you loose the controller card. Was he able to restore the data from back up? Its my understanding that if the card goes kaput that basically the whole array is useless... Hopefully the manufacturer was able to help if thats the case.

Back
Top Bottom