Leg-mount PP&knife sheath?

k2gleaner

Elite Member
Has anyone got or made a holder for the pinpointer and soil knife that is mounted to the leg above the knee?

Maybe it's been thought of and tried and it just doesn't work. I thought it might be the most accessible way if your a person that gets on one or both knees when working a fine that isn't a find.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

leg mount

Has anyone got or made a holder for the pinpointer and soil knife that is mounted to the leg above the knee?

Maybe it's been thought of and tried and it just doesn't work. I thought it might be the most accessible way if your a person that gets on one or both knees when working a fine that isn't a find.

interesting idea

The one below doesn't have a digging tool sheath, but I'm sure you put the sheath you already have on the leg strap too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drop-Leg-P...m=392268314814&_trksid=p2349624.c100935.m2460

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

looks interesting

I just got one of these. Nice having pinpointer lower on the leg I kneel down on. A lot better than when it was high on my belt. It also seems well made.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

might have to give that a try like the idea of having the pinpointer low and handy like that. Have it on the belt now but really don't like it there .

The one below doesn't have a digging tool sheath, but I'm sure you put the sheath you already have on the leg strap too...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Drop-Leg-P...m=392268314814&_trksid=p2349624.c100935.m2460

Sent from my HTC U11 life using Tapatalk

I also have one of these, I've noticed the pinpointer hole is a bit large, meaning the pinpointer can almost fall right through the hole. I bought it anyway because that is an easy fix. The pocket to the right with the shryx logo on it is almost perfect for a cell phone. Haven't used it in the field yet, but just giving my 2 cents. I definitely think it is worth the price. GL and HH!

Last edited:
good information

I also have one of these, I've noticed the pinpointer hole is a bit large, meaning the pinpointer can almost fall right through the hole. I bought it anyway because that is an easy fix. The pocket to the right with the shryx logo on it is almost perfect for a cell phone. Haven't used it in the field yet, but just giving my 2 cents. I definitely think it is worth the price. GL and HH!

If that pocket will hold my cell phone that would solve 2 problems always afraid I will loose my phone of the belt.

Oddly enough, I carry a little 'fanny pack' kind of pouch for the finds, but carry my shovel and pointer in one hand while swinging with the other.. I find it less cumbersome and quicker to work with than trying to pull it out of a belt holder and trying to get it back in, full of mud in most cases.. Light shovel and ultra light PP, not hard to carry.. probably balances me out when swinging ;) so that I don't topple over?

Then again, we all do what we're most comfortable with..

Just recieved mine in mail

Just ordered one off Amazon for $12.99 with free shipping cheaper that listed on EBAY , looking forward to trying it out . Shipping from Hong Kong so will take a couple weeks to get here. A video ad that shows the product for any one interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfl_PFE5n3A

Just got mine in mail today took a while came from Hong Kong , think I will like it and my cell phone fits the pouch. Seems pretty well made and a decent price.

It's a little more awkward when I wear shorts. I have to occasionally pull down my shorts leg that gets pulled up above bottom strap.

HD

Back
Top Bottom