BUCKET LISTER !!! My sweetest coin ever!!!

bobac

Elite Member
Well, its been a good long while since I've had anything crazy to show....
We had that rain the other day that killed off the snow cover , so I had to take advantage. I got out to a field that had produced a few mercs and a smooth early Barber quarter for me last year, but had been pretty silent my last few trips out......
I tried to get closer and into the woods a little bit to possibly catch an area I had missed before.
I really didn't think there'd be anything left out there, and it was too wet to take my cell phone out, and wouldn't ya know it I got a few nice high tones that just blew me away.
The two dimes and clad were in close to civilization , then came the shockers way way out. The first , a 12-42 at 4 or so. I dug right to it and flipped the sod and saw a completely wiped silver disk and thought for sure its a seated quarter. The second came in like a screaming quarter, not deep at all , and probably just 6 or 8 feet from the other one. We'll call it a pocketspill on the run.:cool3::cool3: :lol:
I've been speculating these poor colonists got ambushed by the natives and fled their little camp pretty abruptly .....
I hammered out that little corner for another hour and came up empty. There are some thick wooded hills I'd love to get into but will have to wait n see if the snow can pack down some of the weeds for me.
In my 7 years of detecting I had only dug one colonial in my area, and oddly , that was in a city park, but crazy deep.

When I got home I did a little video of the recap and washing off the coins.
Here is that link, I repeat : this is NOT a dig video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsyD6prp4TY

Well, here they are.....and I can not wait to get there after the weather breaks.......
I'm shy of my total silvers for last year ,, but boy did this one just make my whole year!!! You just never know what you'll find out there......

Attachments

• 1 sm.jpg
    1 sm.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 924
  • 3 sm.jpg
    3 sm.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 860
  • 2 sm.jpg
    2 sm.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 920
  • 4 sm.jpg
    4 sm.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 894
  • 1753 specimen.jpg
    1753 specimen.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 889
  • 5 sm.jpg
    5 sm.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 863
  • 6 sm.jpg
    6 sm.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 857
  • 7 sm.jpg
    7 sm.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 836
  • 9.1 sm.jpg
    9.1 sm.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 888
  • 9 sm.jpg
    9 sm.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 857
  • 8 sm.jpg
    8 sm.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 854
  • 10 sm.jpg
    10 sm.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 845
  • 11 sm.jpg
    11 sm.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 831
  • 12 sm.jpg
    12 sm.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 835
  • 13 sm.jpg
    13 sm.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 829
Awesome way to end the season, Congrats! That 2 Reale looks like it was just minted!
I hope to one day cross that one off my bucket list too. Nice hunting!

You should be just beside yourself Bob, TWO Spanish silvers in one hunt! What a thrill to end the season on, simply incredible!!
It’s interesting to note that even at that time, they were smart enough to “Reale-ize” that if they didn’t put a marked and reeded edge on them, someone would start shaving the coins. Darned pirates!
Absolutely amazing stuff, I do believe you will be back out there ASAP! Till then...stay warm over there!

WOW and WOW, 2 Spanish silver in one hunt, top it off with a couple American silvers. I'd say you out did yourself this time Bob. A major attaboy on an awesome score. If that was it fty, great finish. HH Mark

Wow! Two awesome 1700s silvers in one hunt! Thanks for showing the edge shot, too. I've never seen that before. After looking closely, I figured out the reeded edge "comparison" coin is the Barber dime. Very nice Barber dime, BTW. In your video, it's interesting to see how thin the other coin is, too. That location has history.

Back
Top Bottom