A little silver today

steve in so la

Forum Supporter
Hit a few schools today - dug 42 coins, and glad to get that many as these places are hit hard by many. I did manage this silver bracelet and 2 non precious metal hearts.
I had to pull out all my tricks 'o the trade to get these. There was a pipe running under the sand area so I swung back & forth across it as I moved along it. The "extra" sound was the bracelet. You can see it's stamped Mexico. This always signifies silver but I tested it anyway and that's the black swatch inside. The decorative heart was only about 3 inches away from a steel pole. I went to and fro it till I heard that extra sound. In this site I only dug 2-3 coins other than the jewelry.
Fisher 1266 XB - steve in so az

Attachments

• sil brac.jpg
    sil brac.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 129
Steve,

You said, "I had to pull out all my tricks 'o the trade to get these. There was a pipe running under the sand area so I swung back & forth across it as I moved along it. The "extra" sound was the bracelet."

Doh! So THAT's how it's done! Seems so obvious, but I hadn't figured it out yet.  :( Thanks for the tip!  :yes:

That trick works especially well in a lawn that has a sprinkler system ( the older , metal pipes ). Steve in so az

Congrats on the silver ! It's GOOD to have tricks...that bracelet looks like the twin to one I found 2 weeks ago..HH Roadrunner_426

Back
Top Bottom