• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

.50 crh score.....

dfxing virginia

Elite Member
just moved back to virginia....ready to hit some s
well i went to the 5 banks today to spend the 200$ my wife alotted me to have to use on the hobby and by the time i had gotten to the last bank i had 40 dollars left to pick up nickels cause the other banks didnt have 100 worth of pennies or nickels that is why i went to all the banks. but at the last one they said they had 270$ worth of halfs so i decided to go ahead and get in trouble and buy them:grin: i got home and almost got in trouble till i found what i thought was a good score and now that these go for about 2.35 a piece my wife is not so mad anymore:lol: so far i have 81 half dollars from 1965-1969 did not find any pre-65's but still have a few to go thru.these are all 40% silver and my mother in-law knows a guy that will pay 2.00$ a piece for them. should i sell?

Attachments

• DSC01305.JPG
    DSC01305.JPG
    134 KB · Views: 423
  • DSC01306.JPG
    DSC01306.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 421
  • DSC01308.JPG
    DSC01308.JPG
    135.8 KB · Views: 428
  • DSC01307.JPG
    DSC01307.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 420
Wow!! Very nice!! That's more silver 40%'s than I have :lol:. 4x face value is the best that I've seen before. Other major CRH-ers are getting max 3.8x face. If you're cash strapped go ahead and sell. If I were you I'd keep em :)

By the way, where do you get those bank bags of halves? I've been looking all around for them but I can never find them. Or maybe I'm just asking for the wrong things.

When you come to California stop doing halves, you'll take mine! ;)

Wow!! Very nice!! That's more silver 40%'s than I have :lol:. 4x face value is the best that I've seen before. Other major CRH-ers are getting max 3.8x face. If you're cash strapped go ahead and sell. If I were you I'd keep em :)

By the way, where do you get those bank bags of halves? I've been looking all around for them but I can never find them. Or maybe I'm just asking for the wrong things.

When you come to California stop doing halves, you'll take mine! ;)

hahaha. as for the bank bag i just asked for the coins and she gave me the bag they were in. i would say ask them to order you a bag, corect me if im wrong but if your a member at a bank they should be able to order you what you want. i dont know but ill be taking them in tomarrow and trying another banks to get more. i also have to go thru a 100$ worth of nickels and 150$ worth of pennies........wish me luck lol.

NICE SCORE!!!GOTA LOVE ALL THAT SILVER!!!.If you don't have to sell them to keep your CRH hobbie going then hoard them.Keep all the silver you find,if you keep at it,you'll have a nice stock pile stored away!!.$40.50 face in halves = $190.35 in silver value,which come's out to 11.9794 troy ozs.The more banks you go to the better chance's of finding silver.Check out this website for coin values www.coinflation.com .Good Luck and keep on hunting!!!!.One more thing my wife was not big on the idea of coin roll hunting at 1st until she started seeing the silver roll in now she likes the hobbie LOL!!

I checked ebay one seller sold (60) 40% for $157+.So you may check that 1st if your going to sell.I think anything under $2 each is cheap.But at a $1.85 you still make some quick $$

Gave the coin roll hunting thing a shot yesterday. The head cashier at one of the banks I do business with said she had $500 worth of halves and couldn't get rid of them until she accumulated $1000. Got them home and did ok - somebody had already grabbed the '64's but I found 22 between '65 and '69.

Have relationships with 3 other banks in town... My wife got a kick out of going through them with me. Especially when she heard that they're worth 5x their face value!

Awesome with the 40% silvers. I would keep them for the future as you never know. Unless you need the money now then sell them. Congrats on your finds.

Thanks! I'll definately be hanging on to them. Seems like a no brainer to be able to "purchase" silver at such a discount!

I say hoard away, I have a LOAD of halves 1964 and before... Won't sell just yet, my bank saves them for me so I get them on a weekly basis when I take in my payroll checks and make my weekly "other income" deposits. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom