CRH Bank/Ebay

Foundit

I just wanted to post my finds from the bank and so called unsearched rolls on Ebay, here goes,

5 boxes penny's : 26 wheat's all 40's and 50's no key's
5 clad dimes
5 Canadian penny's
1 Bahamma's penny

1 box dimes : 1 Rosie
1 VF 1923 Merc

1 box quarters : skunked

1 box halves : 1 AU 40% 69 Kennedy

Of the 10 penny roll's won on ebay 5 were definitely machined rolled, the rest were solid 40's 50's, here it is,

5 Mercs
1 1857 flying eagle
35 indians
4 1909 V.D.B.'s
3 1909
5 1910
5 1911
3 1912
15 1943 steel pennys
and at least one of every date of wheaties in between, I will list them all if anyone would like but there are alot of teens and twenty, thirties as well.
I pay face value when coin hunting vs. the $10 to $30 average per roll and good possibility of a ripoff when buying from ebay. If you get an honest seller on ebay you might score, but it is risky, I assume that people will go thru all coins they have, I mean who's not going to look for 1909s V.D.B or other rare key dates, but I believe some rolls are truly unsearched estate bought rolls, I would stay away from the "I rolled it myself but didnt search it", or "unsearched by me" auctions, yeah right, not searched by you but searched by your partner in crime, all those rolls were junk, only buy bank rolled, and if you recieve it and its not bank rolled, dont open, get your money back pronto, all of mine not bank rolled were junk and a ripoff, thanks for indulging my banter and any other hints for online roll hunting please let me know.

I tried buying those unreached rolls on e-bay, Then I clicked view sellers other auctions..He had tons of semi & key dates in his other auctions..:lol:
Looks like you did good though. Congrats

Who is the seller, I wanna buy some, do you have a link?

I just wanted to post my finds from the bank and so called unsearched rolls on Ebay, here goes,

5 boxes penny's : 26 wheat's all 40's and 50's no key's
5 clad dimes
5 Canadian penny's
1 Bahamma's penny

1 box dimes : 1 Rosie
1 VF 1923 Merc

1 box quarters : skunked

1 box halves : 1 AU 40% 69 Kennedy

Of the 10 penny roll's won on ebay 5 were definitely machined rolled, the rest were solid 40's 50's, here it is,

5 Mercs
1 1857 flying eagle
35 indians
4 1909 V.D.B.'s
3 1909
5 1910
5 1911
3 1912
15 1943 steel pennys
and at least one of every date of wheaties in between, I will list them all if anyone would like but there are alot of teens and twenty, thirties as well.
I pay face value when coin hunting vs. the $10 to $30 average per roll and good possibility of a ripoff when buying from ebay. If you get an honest seller on ebay you might score, but it is risky, I assume that people will go thru all coins they have, I mean who's not going to look for 1909s V.D.B or other rare key dates, but I believe some rolls are truly unsearched estate bought rolls, I would stay away from the "I rolled it myself but didnt search it", or "unsearched by me" auctions, yeah right, not searched by you but searched by your partner in crime, all those rolls were junk, only buy bank rolled, and if you recieve it and its not bank rolled, dont open, get your money back pronto, all of mine not bank rolled were junk and a ripoff, thanks for indulging my banter and any other hints for online roll hunting please let me know.

I would be weary buying unsearched rolls off ebay.

I agree, I would never buy rolls of "unsearched" coins off of eBay unless someone else already bought them and they were actually unsearched ;)

Bank boxes are the way I ROLL :D

Thats what I'm saying, he got "fair" rolls from the seller!

I agree 100%
I wouldn't mind getting a few myself.
Getting this out of 10 rolls on ebay?:

5 Mercs
1 1857 flying eagle
35 indians
4 1909 V.D.B.'s
3 1909
5 1910
5 1911
3 1912
15 1943 steel pennys

That's just unheard of.

It really sucks though when you get solid rolls of 40's and 50's and you spent $10-$30 on it.

I actually had 12 rolls, 2 of them showed up late, but they were skunks anyway and not worth mentioning. I picked up rolls from several different sellers, I think 8 total, the good rolls I had came from sellers who did not have a bunch of semi or key date singles up for auction and did not seem to be trying to convince me they were "unsearched", one did however have some silver singles for sale and I scored a 1905S barber in G4 for .99 cents, I spent way more than $4.99 a roll, my cheapest was $8 and it went way up from there, the roll with the flying eagle cent cost me $41 bucks :shock:, the good rolls had good pictures front and back of the roll you were getting and when I recieved them they were very tight with no play or movement from the coins, the worst rolls were those that had a generic picture of a roll or hoard they supposedly bought from some estate and for some reason out of the kindness of there heart are willing to roll them up without looking at them and sell them to you :heybud: yeah right. I did this knowing I would get mostly junk, I was suprised and wouldnt expect this kind of luck again, but the few rolls that seemed genuine were sweet and quite a thrill. This was an experiment for me and is not something I will do regularly, if it wasnt for the few good rolls I would have felt really suckered. I am now researching on how to go about finding coins at estate sales. The rolls that sucked really sucked, I paid 40 bucks for a roll,all 40-50s, lame. If I have time I will post some pics tomorrow and a few sellers if you really want them, my advice is pay attention to what other things the seller is offering, for instance, many sellers were stating they knew nothing about coin collecting yet have pages of unsearched rolls offering the possibility of finding 1909 S V.D.B. or other valuable key dates, these are ripoffs in my opinion, a good seller may have other estate items for sale and no lame statements trying to con you, the louder they are the lamer the roll in my opinion, oh, and read all feedback good or bad, odd, I normally do not ramble on so much, since you cannot hear me I will apologize for your eyes, they must be watering and irritated by now :lol:

This seller has a few left http://myworld.ebay.com/the_coin_mint/ and is the seller where I found the flying eagle,these are very tight rolls,
(I also won a roll from a different seller that had a flying eagle showing that I did not mention in previous post because it wasnt discovered in the roll and the rest of the roll was common and I paid way to much for it), I am addicted to the hunt so I bought 10 more rolls from him, recieved them yesterday, the best coins were. 1859 indian in G4, 1941 possible MS-60 Merc, 1909 V.D.B. in at the least a F-12 rating, the only dates I didn't recieve any of are 12, 14,15,16,22,32, I still have to look thru all the rest for errors, I also recieved a AU 1923 Peace dollar for ordering 10 rolls, there were 18 more Indians including a 1899 full liberty, 1903,06,and two 07 full Liberty,s as well, overall a great thrill for me, I was missing a 1859 Indian in my collection :sweet:, anyway I said I will post pictures and I will...soon...I Promise :D , just real busy.

Back
Top Bottom