Worked hard for something good.

Foragist

Forum Supporter
Today, I headed out to a town that's about 1/2 hr drive away. There's a big park with an old history, and that's where I started. I decided I wasn't going home until I got something good today. I searched for jewelry and megaclad potential in all the likely areas, and sample scanned all the older looking ground for maybe something old. All I got was a trickle of clad, lots of pennies and pulltabs. There were people everywhere, and more showing up, so I gave up and went to another park. Same story there. No silver. No gold. No clad carpet. After that I drove around a bit, and found a school with a football field, three baseball fields, and a huge playground; all old looking. This place was a bust too. I scanned all over, picking up the occasional penny, dime, penny, quarter, penny or penny. I emptied my trash pouch twice. For a last ditch effort, I hit some old looking curbstrips by some big old houses. The first block was nothing. Across the street, though, I finally found something good...silver!...a Barber dime! Then, a few minutes later on the same strip, a small ring showed up. I first thought it was silver, but noticed a slight gold tint, and looking close, I could see "10K" with some other markings. At home, I found the other markings included "R.G.P.", plus some plating started coming off. :( I worked hard for my 1907 O today. I dug 97 pennies plus $7.45 other clad. One penny is 1943 Canadian. I doubt there's more than one wheat in there, if any.

Attachments

• DSCN7671.jpg
    DSCN7671.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN7674.jpg
    DSCN7674.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN7675.jpg
    DSCN7675.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 174
:laughing: "Everybody has a plan until you get punched in the face" Mike Tyson.....

Nice Dime! You completed the 10 rounds and rolled with the punches! :thumbsup: You Won the match there!

That's a lot of pennies...would've been nice if they were all quarters ;) Nice barber as well :)
Thanks. I was hoping they were all rings, other jewelry, or wheats; maybe an Indianhead. Another reason I dig them is to get them out of the way, to see what else might be there.

Whoa...what a great clad haul. Excellent work!
Thank you. In the end, over eight bucks isn't too bad in my book.

:laughing: "Everybody has a plan until you get punched in the face" Mike Tyson.....

Nice Dime! You completed the 10 rounds and rolled with the punches! :thumbsup: You Won the match there!
Thanks for the morning belly laugh! Leave it to you, Mud, to come up with the perfect quote, and a great point of view!

Great finds! Love them barbers!
Thanks man. I really like digging Barbers too. They take you multiple coin styles back in time.

Love this Sport! Thats what I got out of your post!

Its a lot of fun to just get out in the morning for a hunt! The traffic lights are blinking yellow, a guy has a full cup of coffee, radio on, and a plan or general idea of what to focus on depending on the weather...and then, things change, go in alternate directions based upon whats going on in the World...so a guy just rolls with it and tries to make pay, and who knows?....Participatin'!

All that digging is worth getting a Barber dime and it is in nice condition.
I average at least 150 nails per good coin so you did well.

That sounds like 98% of my outings, aside from the barber! Which is a fantastic find, and beautiful coin. Bummer on the ring. Wish I could go out until I found something good. Lots of times I have to go back to work without a prize! And only a few times in 5 years has a hunt ever produced ~$7-8! Course I mostly lunch hour or pre-work hunt.

Nice work!

Some days are like this Blaise where you work hard and the rewards just don't match the efforts. Then there are those that everything clicks and seems easy. You came home a winner as it was not an empty day. Congrats on the Barber and a pile of clad. Trapper

Love this Sport! Thats what I got out of your post!

Its a lot of fun to just get out in the morning for a hunt! The traffic lights are blinking yellow, a guy has a full cup of coffee, radio on, and a plan or general idea of what to focus on depending on the weather...and then, things change, go in alternate directions based upon whats going on in the World...so a guy just rolls with it and tries to make pay, and who knows?....Participatin'!
Exactly!

All that digging is worth getting a Barber dime and it is in nice condition.
I average at least 150 nails per good coin so you did well.
Thanks. I pulled up handfuls of the usual trash too. I only dig an occasional nail once in a while. Sometimes bent or large nails can give a high reading.

That sounds like 98% of my outings, aside from the barber! Which is a fantastic find, and beautiful coin. Bummer on the ring. Wish I could go out until I found something good. Lots of times I have to go back to work without a prize! And only a few times in 5 years has a hunt ever produced ~$7-8! Course I mostly lunch hour or pre-work hunt. Nice work!
Thank you. It turned into an all day affair with the driving time included. It felt good to come home with a very nice Barber.

Some days are like this Blaise where you work hard and the rewards just don't match the efforts. Then there are those that everything clicks and seems easy. You came home a winner as it was not an empty day. Congrats on the Barber and a pile of clad. Trapper
You know it! Thanks Trapper. btw, I just bought a nox today, so days like this should be a little easier on my swingin' arm.

Back
Top Bottom