Kudos to you Fitchburg MA diggers!

BaldAssCat

Elite Member
You Fitchburg guys are thorough. The parks in that town have been cleaned out. Kudos on filling your holes too! Twice today I started to dig a deep iffy target only to find someone already cut the plug, I just didn't see it while leaning over it swiping my pin-pointer on it. :shock:

Today was one of the rare exceptions when you left me a few trinkets. A pocket watch and my second war nickel.

fitch.jpg

:laughbounce: Congrats on your meager recoveries! Just kidding, very nice finds... I'm still waiting for my first war nickle....

:laughbounce: Congrats on your meager recoveries! Just kidding, very nice finds... I'm still waiting for my first war nickle....

Thanks! Took 7 years to get my first one then this one comes along a few weeks later.

Nice digs! Ive never hunted Fitchburg. I know a few hunters from that area though, and they usually don't hunt Fitchburg either :laughing: parks around here are pretty well searched, plenty left still, but most of the good easy stuff is long gone. I try my luck usually around the perimeter, and any surrounding woods. Has worked well for me in my short career. Hopefully we can get together for a hunt soon. Good luck & happy hunting!

Fitchburg is a tough hunt. It is a real short drive for me, and I don't even hunt there. I think I have found a grand total of 3 mercs in three different parks (I have been to all of the parks). A ton of clad, but very little silver.

The only real hope there is permissions. There are lots of early to mid 1800's houses there as well as a few surviving from the 1700's

Nice work!!!

I’ve been to parks and dig up other’s plugs, but then again, I have a thought that maybe they were mine :?: :laughing:

Thanks! And I've never doug the same hole twice.:lol:

Don't believe it OP, because nowhere in your sig is the name of the new "game changer" :D

I admit I still swing a relic. It might as well be a rock on a stick. I'm always supprised when it beeps over something. Rocks don't do that! :?:

Two nice pieces...congrats.

Thanks!

Nice digs! Ive never hunted Fitchburg. I know a few hunters from that area though, and they usually don't hunt Fitchburg either :laughing: parks around here are pretty well searched, plenty left still, but most of the good easy stuff is long gone. I try my luck usually around the perimeter, and any surrounding woods. Has worked well for me in my short career. Hopefully we can get together for a hunt soon. Good luck & happy hunting!

Woods around the park is how I got the watch. The nickel was about 10 inches deep and sounded like it might be a nail. I'm on a digging nails and foil kick lately or I might have skipped it myself.

Let me know when you have some time. I've been looking at a park near one I've been hitting at lunch. I don't know how the new one is but my lunch park hasn't been hit at all before I got there. Parking is nonexistent there on weekdays so it will need to be a weekend.

Fitchburg is a tough hunt. It is a real short drive for me, and I don't even hunt there. I think I have found a grand total of 3 mercs in three different parks (I have been to all of the parks). A ton of clad, but very little silver.

The only real hope there is permissions. There are lots of early to mid 1800's houses there as well as a few surviving from the 1700's

Tough hunt is right! Beyond these two things I have one dime and one nickel to show for 90 minutes in the hot sun.

Back
Top Bottom