Small gold and $9.72 in clad at my 1sr HS football field hunt!

NCtoad

Forum Supporter
I know where the local high school football field is, but always thought I couldn't get in. However my wife told me the other day that I should try hunting there. So I did a Mudpuppy and was there at the crack of dawn. Gate was open so I drove in right up to the field. Went straight to the visitor bleachers and was finding clad left and right. Most of it was on top of the ground. Saw a shiny gold ring looking thing and put it in my pouch thinking it was junk. Looked at it closely once I got home and it's marked 14k! However it's only .61 grams!!

Attachments

• 20180804_092046_HDR.jpg
    20180804_092046_HDR.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 133
  • 20180804_094711_HDR.jpg
    20180804_094711_HDR.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 153
Just went through my pennies separating zinc from copper and noticed I had two wheat pennies, a 1952d and a 1944. The weird thing is that this is the new high school building and was built in the 90's I think.

I know where the local high school football field is, but always thought I couldn't get in. However my wife told me the other day that I should try hunting there. So I did a Mudpuppy and was there at the crack of dawn. Gate was open so I drove in right up to the field. Went straight to the visitor bleachers and was finding clad left and right. Most of it was on top of the ground. Saw a shiny gold ring looking thing and put it in my pouch thinking it was junk. Looked at it closely once I got home and it's marked 14k! However it's only .61 grams!!

Gold is gold. And it's more than $10 worth of it, too. Nice find!

Back
Top Bottom