Gold #7 for the year: Who would have thought of Chinese Take-out?

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Seriously... Chinese Take-out box. In a 14K charm!

Found it in a tot lot... looked in vain for a chain to go with it; I figure it just fell off the bracelet. Hardly any scratches on it, which suggests it wasn't exactly connected well to begin with. Wasn't too deep, but had been there for a while, I might have even missed it a few months ago, as the signal wasn't solid at all. I actually just dug it more out of boredom, than actually thinking it was something. Bouncy signal around 48-56.

When I first pulled it out, I thought it said, TD HK, as in "Trademark Hong Kong", but I wasn't quite sure... so I sat down on the kid equipment and pulled out the phone and zoomed in for a pic... that's when I saw 14K. BOOMSAUCE!

It's a dense little charm. Not too big, but almost 4 grams. $90 for me pocket. :) I'll check the parks dept. and craigslist, first, but I suspect the person who lost it, has ZERO clue where it fell off. Unlikely to get a return.

Scratch tested positive for 14K.

I also managed 4 actual rings. Two rusty junkers and two that ended up on a curious kid's fingers. She ran over to see what "I found!" and when the ring popped out, she was just too dang cute. When I saw it wasn't silver, I told her to find a finger that fit (her grandmother was right above her, no problems folks), and she found it sorta fit the thumb. good enough! I called her over for the second ring, not two minutes later. She was beaming ear to ear. I don't take pictures of kids at parks (only hands), so you'll have to trust that grin was worth the trade. :)

Cheers!

Skippy

Attachments

• IMG_0291.jpg
    IMG_0291.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0294.jpg
    IMG_0294.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_0293.jpg
    IMG_0293.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 285
Wow interesting gold there! Nice work skip!

Thanks. It's been a weird year for small gold like that, I've never found the number of small chains and charms that I have, this year. I'm pretty sure it's the AT Max being better at finding them than the AT Pro. I kind of want to hit it with my son's AT Pro to see how it sounds... I'm too lazy though. It's not like I'm going to trade backwards. LOL

Skippy

Holy Charm Bracelets Batman!

I just did a quick search for 14K take out box charm, and found this...

Maybe I ought not to be scrapping it. Ebay might be a better place to go!

Attachments

• Charm.jpg
    Charm.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 292
Holy Charm Bracelets Batman!

I just did a quick search for 14K take out box charm, and found this...

Maybe I ought not to be scrapping it. Ebay might be a better place to go!

Wowzers, that's expensive! Then again, it's a unique charm, for which I guess some people wouldn't mind paying a lot of money for. Congrats on a nice find :)

Way to go man!!!

Great write up too..

I've found some really tiny gold chains and charms with the ATP myself, 0.2 grams..

<°)))>{

I’d definitely go eBay, awesome finds and sounds like a very pleasant day.

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas special edition.
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring
Total clad 2018 - 45$

Appears somebody loves Chinese food more than me. A lot of clams there. Heck imagine how many buffets that cost!:shock::laughing: Way to go!

Nice Find! I'd list it on eBay at half the price of a new one or even higher with the make an offer option. Make sure that you show the info and pictures of what a new one is selling for, so they can compare.

beephead

Well slather me in sweet N sour sauce call me General Chows Chicken!!

Out of a totter you say? Some of the most amazing finds are pulled out of the totters! Thats a good one there Skip!

Well slather me in sweet N sour sauce call me General Chows Chicken!!

Out of a totter you say? Some of the most amazing finds are pulled out of the totters! Thats a good one there Skip!

And somehow... Slathering you with that, actually works in my mind.

You're the very definition of Sweet-n-sour, mud. LOL

Now I'm craving Chinese take out.
Pretty awesy totlot dig! Looks like one of those thin, narrow point bails on that one from Walmart. A heavy charm can bust one of those open without too much surprise. Then along came Skippy...

I got a couple little friends in a neighboring town, that always come out to watch when they see me. Last week, I showed them some finds, and gave the girl a shiny dice charm, and the boy wanted an old 12 gauge headstamp. Making kids happy is a good feeling.

Now I'm craving Chinese take out.
Pretty awesy totlot dig! Looks like one of those thin, narrow point bails on that one from Walmart. A heavy charm can bust one of those open without too much surprise. Then along came Skippy...

I got a couple little friends in a neighboring town, that always come out to watch when they see me. Last week, I showed them some finds, and gave the girl a shiny dice charm, and the boy wanted an old 12 gauge headstamp. Making kids happy is a good feeling.

yep. I give the kids stuff away when i can. I figure they're the ones populating the park for me, anyway. LOL

Back
Top Bottom