40% of a White Whale find!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
I don't know if I'll ever dig a 1964 Kennedy silver half, but I came close this evening! I went out for about an hour long hunt along part of a curb strip here in the Bitterroot Valley, and did get some finds... including my first Silver Kennedy half, a 1967 forty percent silver example.

It rang up in the high 80's on the AT Pro, and I thought I had a clad quarter. The coin was located right at the edge of the sidewalk, and down about 4". I was surprised to see that shiny silver looking at me, and even more surprised to see President Kennedy's portrait looking at me! Anyway, a partial white whale and fun to find!

Also found were a few Wheat Pennies, about $2.00 in clad dimes, quarters and nickels along with plenty of copper memorial cents. Oddities included a 1963 German 50 Pfennig coin, it rang up at a steady "50" on the Pro. Also, an Exxon Travel Club key chain "lost key" tag or token. Thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• coins1.jpg
    coins1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 239
  • coins2.jpg
    coins2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 205
Thanks Captain and Cellr! I've found about 6 clad Kennedy halves so far in about a year and a half with the AT Pro, never expected to find a shiny one but am grateful to have done so.

Those silver JFK halfs are indeed a White Whale of a find! Rarer than Walkers and BF's and even Barbie halfs! The clad JFK's are not a common pull even.....Congratulations!

Thanks Mud! You are right, I've found a couple of Walkers and a Big Ben so far this year, and others in the past year, but those silver Kennedy Halves are tuff! The guys I detect with have not found one yet either.

Back
Top Bottom