This Guy Does Not Forget

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
When I started working with a carpenter 28 years ago I did a lot of painting for the customers. My father asked me to paint his bathroom ceiling so I went to the paint store. I picked out my paint and a woman started to add up my bill, the owner came out of the back room and started talking to me like I was there yesterday. I don't think I've been in that store for 10 years, but I'm now in the computer as a valued customer and get a discount.

My father used to go to a different paint store and always liked an old painting that was on the wall. He said he would like to buy it but they would not sell it. About 20 years ago he and my mother went in to look for wallpaper and they gave him the painting.

You got to love small towns.

That's pretty cool.....:yes: (I was born in a small town in Ct., (Meriden), but moved away many years ago to Upstate N.Y. Wish I still lived there...)

While in the Army I was stationed at Fort Carson outside of Colorado Springs. While there I often visited a small store and talked with the owner. I moved back to Kansas after my tour in Vietnam. Later I decided to attend gunsmithing school in Lakewood near Denver. On my first free week-end I drove back to Colorado Springs to see how much it had changed. The tourist cabin that I had lived in had been replaced by a large condiminum. I decided to stop in the store again. I hadn't been there for several years. As I walked in the owner greeted me with "i haven't seen you for a while." i was surprised that she remembered me.

College story. When I was in school, I frequented this one bar. I ordered the same drink and at the time the bar tender would see me walk in or walking to the bar for a re-fill and it was ready when I got there. Flash forward 10 years, I'm back in the same bar and the same bartender is working behind the bar. I can't make it back there before my drink is ready. Same drink that I drank 10 years before. I have no idea how this guy did it, but he got a heavy tip. Keep in mind that this was a sizable college town with 30K students plus locals. I am sure this guy had thousands of regular customers over the years.

BCD

College story. When I was in school, I frequented this one bar. I ordered the same drink and at the time the bar tender would see me walk in or walking to the bar for a re-fill and it was ready when I got there. Flash forward 10 years, I'm back in the same bar and the same bartender is working behind the bar. I can't make it back there before my drink is ready. Same drink that I drank 10 years before. I have no idea how this guy did it, but he got a heavy tip. Keep in mind that this was a sizable college town with 30K students plus locals. I am sure this guy had thousands of regular customers over the years.

BCD

More than likely had no idea what your name is. To him you were the drink. Still pretty remarkable that he remembered after all that time.

Back
Top Bottom