Really Unique Firsts

mysteriousnesss

Elite Member
So up until now I'd never dug a necklace or bracelet other than some cheap plated ones. That was up until now however...Now I'll admit, I may have gotten a little too excited. In the process of extracting this necklace/realizing it was silver, I managed to chop it up into 3 pieces. What makes it special to me is that upon getting home, I got out my tools and reconnected the pieces. I also didn't find the clasp so I cannibalized one from one of my roommates costume jewelry. So even though its just a silver chain, it holds a lot more meaning to me because I brought it back from the dead. In addition I found a 41 washington, a 1905 indian, and a really cool thimble. I've found sterling thimbles before, but never one monogrammed like this. It appears to read H.B.T. and to me this is really something special. I'll probably never know who it belonged to, but it's neat seeing something so personalized. In addition, it isn't marked but it's certainly sterling, so I have to wonder exactly how old it could be. Any ideas? Good luck and happy hunting!

Attachments

• IMG_0223.jpg
    IMG_0223.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 633
  • IMG_0225.jpg
    IMG_0225.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 639
  • IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 634
Awesome!!

I have never found a sterling thimble.. That one is one of the nicest I have seen posted...

Congrats on the great digs!

<*)))>{

Everything looks great, but that thimble is really something else. Amazing!

That's what I figured and I did just that. But unfortunately there is absolutely nothing aside from the monogram and the number 6 on the outside. That's why I'm thinking it's rather old. It's pretty hard to research it with nothing else to go on though.

The thimble is cool because it is personalized .. but for a tiny little hand ... the number is a size ....... and 6 is pretty small!!
Great finds with all of them .... I'd take any one any day!!

Back
Top Bottom