Pool Hall Token value

AlinMN

Elite Member
I recently dug this old pool hall token at my favorite spot. I checked on a token website and there are a lot of these out there but I couldn't find any with the name "John Harrigan." So since I couldn't find any info about it I took it in to a local pawn shop who deals in old tokens. The owner said he would check into it to see what its worth and he called me back the next day and he said "if you want to sell it I'll give you $50 for it." So I'm thinking its probably worth more than that since that was his first offer. :lol:

Attachments

• Kerk park 4-12e.jpg
    Kerk park 4-12e.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 298
  • Kerk park 4-12f.jpg
    Kerk park 4-12f.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 290
Sure is a nice looking token,don't know what it's worth.But I'll give you the 5 cents it reads on the token:lol:

hmm interesting.

I would say someone else offered 175 and see if he counter offers. if he says sell to them, tell him your probably going to hold it and sell sometime in the future..

John Harrigan formed the townships of newton Minnesota

maps

quotes from this link:

The actual beginning of Newton township dates from March 22, 1877
J. Harrigan:

There are two stations on this line in Newton, namely, New York Mills and Dopelius. Boardman was the first village platted in Newton township. This was located on the Northern Pacific railroad in section 7, but as New York Mills was laid out only one-half mile from the former and eventually enveloped this town, it lost its identity and became a part of New York Mills. Boardman was platted for Alexander Watson, Henry T. Turner and John Harrigan by T. W. Jones. It was recorded in the office of register of deeds February 16, 1880.

The present business and professional interests of the town follow: pool hall

http://www.jsenterprises.com/ottertail/townships/newton.htm

John Harrigan formed the townships of newton Minnesota

maps

quotes from this link:

The actual beginning of Newton township dates from March 22, 1877
J. Harrigan:

There are two stations on this line in Newton, namely, New York Mills and Dopelius. Boardman was the first village platted in Newton township. This was located on the Northern Pacific railroad in section 7, but as New York Mills was laid out only one-half mile from the former and eventually enveloped this town, it lost its identity and became a part of New York Mills. Boardman was platted for Alexander Watson, Henry T. Turner and John Harrigan by T. W. Jones. It was recorded in the office of register of deeds February 16, 1880.

The present business and professional interests of the town follow: pool hall

http://www.jsenterprises.com/ottertail/townships/newton.htm

contact the newton town historian or library and see if they can give you any more data about this guy or the township, etc

Hey, thanks for the info! Very interesting. That area is about a three hour drive from where I found the token. If I ever get that way I will check into it more. Thanks again, AL

Back
Top Bottom