Arrested for using $2 bills....

it's true that a lot of people think $2 bills are rare and valuable. My 15 yr old son saw one I had in my binder I carry for work..it was given to me in change..he said it must be worth more or that it was fake. I told him he could have it and that they aren't rare nor are they fake. Will send him this link.

:D

Lol shows the guy mding :) and those half dollars up to 1971? were 40% silver now everyone will give them to the bank good for coin roll hunting lol :lol:

Cashiers HATE $2 bills because they're often mistaken for $20 bills. In addition, there's no room in the cash register tray for them so ya gotta "hide" em under the tray with the big bills......

Dusty

Yeah I had not seen a $2 bill in ages then one night, some friends and I went to a fine "gentlemens" establishment. that gave you $2 bills to use as "TIPS". :gettinmoney: We thought wow inflation at its finest.

I used to cash my check in $2 bills. People remember you everywhere you go. I got $100 with sequential serials and used them for change at my last garage sale.

I used to use them for tips at the bar. Made it look like you gave the bartender something worth more then the face value. I still think its a good gesture.

some years past I had the newest $20 bill. Went to some restaurant payed for my meal with it. There were 2 ladies there. One older one younger. The older woman said it was not real. The young woman said everything is ok. The younger woman and I just smiled. And took my change and left.

I would like to see the cited reference to someone actually getting arrested for using $2 bills. BTW, a store can legally deny money so if they do not want to take a $2 bill they do not have to. Just like they can refuse a $100 payment in loose cents :p

I try spreading them around but most stores put them under the till. I heard 7-11 has the best possibility of giving them in change. My bank carries them so I always have some on hand. I also spend half dollars, they go in the odd change slot. No idea if they are given back as change *ugh*

I love $2. I use them as tips in restaurants. You catch some off guard, but for the most part everyone is cool with 'em. I especially use them to buy a soft drink at the convienence store, beats looking for a couple of ones.

NebTrac

I've got some stashed in my safe. They are from the 80's and I just hang on to them because they are cool looking. :D

Back
Top Bottom