First box o' nickels

stealer

Elite Member
I've never done a full box of nickels before so I'm not sure whether or not it's considered good but to make a long story short, I'll list what I got. (I don't keep pre-1960's)

- 1943 P War Nickel :dancing::dancing:
- 1938 JEFFERSON (:no: very sad it isn't a buffalo)
- 2004 S Keelboat PROOF!!! :confetti::confetti:

Attachments

• IMG_1489.jpg
    IMG_1489.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 401
  • IMG_1491.jpg
    IMG_1491.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 394
  • IMG_1492.jpg
    IMG_1492.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1495.jpg
    IMG_1495.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_1499.jpg
    IMG_1499.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 399
Congrats on that war nickel and the others. I did my own little CRH last night and found a 1945 P in $20. It sure is nice to find something good once in a while. Good Luck on future hunts, either CRH or dirt. : )

Way to go! I never would have thought you would find a proof. The 1938 is in really nice shape too. I thought you would find more pre 1960 though than just the 38 and the silver one? :confused:

I finished off a box of pennies I was searching yesterday, had the grandkids help me, and my son in law, and to my surprise he said "this is kinda fun."
We only found 5 wheats and 5 canadian pennies. The oldest wheat was a 1938 my son in law found, maybe thats why it was fun for him? Didn't find a single 2010 penny yet, I was hoping to find one.:no:

Way to go! I never would have thought you would find a proof. The 1938 is in really nice shape too. I thought you would find more pre 1960 though than just the 38 and the silver one? :confused:

I finished off a box of pennies I was searching yesterday, had the grandkids help me, and my son in law, and to my surprise he said "this is kinda fun."
We only found 5 wheats and 5 canadian pennies. The oldest wheat was a 1938 my son in law found, maybe thats why it was fun for him? Didn't find a single 2010 penny yet, I was hoping to find one.:no:

I don't keep the pre 1960's. There's really no value in them other than 5 cents. I only keep 1940 and earlier, but only the nice ones. Good luck on those penny boxes and I hope they pick up for you! I hear some people average around 18-25 wheats per box :shock:. I average around 12-15 wheats per box.

What's a proof? I can see it looks a bit different, is it made from a different material?

What's a proof? I can see it looks a bit different, is it made from a different material?

Et Cetera, there's no difference in the material that it's made of as far as I'm concerned. The reason why it's a keeper is because they're very rare to find in the "wild" (circulation). Usually you can only acquire proofs through buying mint sets.

Dont worry I have looked thru over $1000 in pennies in 2010 and no Union shields yet:?: and also no indians.:( lots of wheats tho.:yes:Also found a whole Queen Elizebeth set of pennies by year:shock:, I dont know if Canada has mint marks, by year. This was all in US change:yes: And in Southern Iowa.

Back
Top Bottom