1910 Penny found in Ghettoville..

Daugela

OK-

Of all people on here, I think KWAFF will appreciate this most. Hopefully no one gets offended.

Anyhow, I thought I'd go to central Phoenix today near 3rd Street and Hadley. Most homes, if not all were built at the turn of the century and are in poor condition.

Being a cop here, I know there's trouble around the corner and wouldn't let my wife walk alone at night, let alone me without my sidearm.

Anyway, I was hunting an old house and was constantly watching my truck so it wouldn't get stolen. After a few hours, I found this baby. Over cleaned it with vinegar. Hopefully the color comes back.

While there, I was approached by several gangbangers who were watching me from all angles. I knew there was trouble.

I took out my Bullseye and pretended it was my police radio. When others approached and began jacking with my car, I told them 5 pairs of eyes were on them and that I was on-duty acting like a dorky metal detectorist while doing nearby surveillance at the park for a sex predator. I told them the last thing they wanted to do was to steal an undercover police car. They bolted!!!!!

This story will definitely go down with me as the craziest day of detecting!

The only problem is, I want to go back! I know there's alot more to be had!! LOL

The things I do for Abe.... 

Attachments

• IMG_0629.JPG
    IMG_0629.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 162
Sounds like quite an evening of detecting for a wheatie!  Great quick thinking on your feet.  I guess that is what keeps us alive when we go to work everyday.  From one fellow officer to another....be safe out there both on and off duty. 

That one heck of a story, great coin and as for going back/ I would maybe alittle earlier in the day and with that friend you keep on on your side. Also I give you props on the way you handled those situations good job..... :grin:

That was good thinking on your part. Next time, have cruiser just park there while you do your hunting. That should keep the rats at bay. :lol: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom