It Has A Name In It. I'm Going To Try To Return It. **Update 8/7** **Another Update 8/8**Updated 10/25/18*

Having found a honker this year and returning it, I can say with great sincerity that it is the best feeling ever - and the right thing to do in the hobby.

If on Facebook, see if the school has an alumni page, that is how I tracked the owner from 1971 down - they sent a shout out and it worked.

Keep us posted!

**Update 8/8**

**Update 8/8** Just received a call from the owner of the ring. It was really great to speak with him. He is currently stationed in South Korea. He is a Blackhawk pilot and will be there for at least another 6 months. He has been stationed in Germany and Afghanistan. He is completely blown away by the fact that I found it and was able to contact him. He had a storage locker that was broken into 6 or 7 years ago and the ring was one of the items missing. He only had the ring for a couple years before it was stolen. Fortunately, his girlfriend still lives in the Salt Lake City area. She is out of town, but as soon as she gets back, she will call me and I can return the ring to her. She will ship the ring to South Korea. The owner has agreed to send a picture of it on his finger (if it still fits. HAHA) This process has been really fun.

Congrats on the return! I've returned three rings so far and all of the owners were found with the help of facebook. I'm not a member, but my wife is.

Very cool! Now, if you ever need some Blackhawk cover/backup, he owes you a favor! :cool:
I wonder if the location you found it could maybe provide a clue leading to the storage locker thieves?

Updated 10/25/18

UPDATE: The ring has reached the owner. It's been really rewarding returning this ring to it's owner!

Attachments

• IMG_4255.jpg
    IMG_4255.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Screenshot_20181025-155050_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20181025-155050_Messages.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 107
Great post, man! I'm proud of you for doing this. It's so easy to just toss a ring into the finds jar and let let it go. It's even better that the ring belongs to someone serving our country. Thank you.

SWIFT DEADLY SILENT
SCOUT RECON
USMC

I'm a little surprised he's quoting the inscription wrong. Was he able to talk about his service?

+1 I found it strange he did not know the exact quote on the ring? But heck I can barely remember which shoe goes on which foot :laughing: great return man!

Back
Top Bottom