Anybody repaired an AT Pro coil plug?

metalwrkr

My small coil began to act weird, cutting on and off if you wiggled the coil wire right next to the plug at the control box. Worked fine when working but dead otherwise. I have since bought a new coil and everything works fine. I suspect the old coil could be repaired at the sacrifice of an inch or two of wire. Has anybody done this? RK

My small coil began to act weird, cutting on and off if you wiggled the coil wire right next to the plug at the control box. Worked fine when working but dead otherwise. I have since bought a new coil and everything works fine. I suspect the old coil could be repaired at the sacrifice of an inch or two of wire. Has anybody done this? RK

I have an 11" coil with a broken pin on the plug, I have the replacement plug for it but havent gotten around to replacing it. Overall, its not as easy as it looks and so I havent bothered yet due to other projects. If I ever get it done, I'll let you know.

I assume you got the repair plug directly from Garrett? I think I may check with them and get one. Thanks for your reply....RK

I assume you got the repair plug directly from Garrett? I think I may check with them and get one. Thanks for your reply....RK

I dont think they offer repair plugs. I bought an aftermarket one on fleabay, its all plastic and not as good as the original but it will work. However, if I could just replace the pin, that would be more ideal and something I was hoping to do but it doesnt look like that will happen easily so I am holding off until I have enough free time to assess it correctly.
I can post a pic of it but there are some out there already if you search enough.

Go for it and if you get stuck, I can refer you to several folks that do detector repair on the side.

I have a military background in micro-miniature repair and I have done one headphone cable repair. Never again, unless I have a new connector. It is near impossible to remove and reuse a connector because of the potting material that is used to make the connector fully waterproof. With a new connector, cut and install, easy - make sure the wiring is correct. I have no information on obtaining a connector, unless the Ukraine flebay seller has them for sale. I bought his Excal 4 pin coil wire connector - outstanding. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom