108 Nickels in the same hole

Now that's one for the grandkids! You will now go down in history as the guy who detected 108 nickels in one hole!
So, trying to image someone stashing them there, I wonder if they were in a bag or something. We're there remnants of a container?

No, no kind of container at all. Just nothing but the coins. There are 40 nickels in a roll of coins. So if they were from a roll, there should have been multiples of 40.

Love this find ramer!! The "how did they get there" wheels start turning in my head! :?: As someone else mentioned I am think some kids buried treasure!

Nice work digging all those nickels. Have to agree with the 2 members before me that say it looks like a pot bound rootball on that tree. I understand you're saying this is in the middle of nowhere in a park though so strange :?::?: I've never done it before but any chance its a geocache? Guess there would have to be some signs pointing to a geocache not just "An oak tree among Oak trees in the most inconspicuous of oak tree forests" :D:laughing::p

It is a happy little tree.

Whoa....anyone else just have flashbacks to Bill Alexander or Bob Ross?? :laughing: :laughing:

Awesome find there, ramer! Fun to imagine the story behind how they got there - I agree that kids' pirate booty is the likely answer. I wonder if they just forgot about it, or just couldn't find where they buried it??

Happy Little Tree

RIP Bob Ross

Attachments

• 2017-10-22-20-30-01-.jpg
    2017-10-22-20-30-01-.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 101
How cool is that? Wonder how they got there! Most coins I've ever found in one hole is 44 (dimes and pennies), and one time I found a buried roll of nickels (in the roll, taped up with electrical tape). But nothing like this!

Good on you man. Sooo freaky!

Back
Top Bottom