Newegg.com???

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I have heard about Newegg.com for years but never used them before until last night. I have a neighbor that wanted me to fix up their computer. I got all the bugs out but noticed it was still slow. Couldn't believe it, it is a Dell Dimension 2400 running XP with 128MB memory. Should be against the law for them to sell a computer with that little memory running XP. Anyways I found a 1 GB stick of memory at newegg.com for a good price. I placed an online order paying with PayPal, I logged into newegg.com this morning and read that my payment was declined. I have enough money in the PayPal account... etc... I called newegg.com and they told me it was on PayPal's end so I called PayPal (the lady was very nice and really helpful) she was on the phone with me for along time seeing why the order didn't go through. She came to the conclusion that it was on newegg.com's end and to call them to see why because she said there was no reason for it not to go through. I ended up cancelling my order with newegg.com and am going to buy the memory sowhere else possibly Buy.com I know newegg.com has been around along time and gets good reviews but for some reason (just my luck) I had problems. Any other good places to buy computer memory? Thanks! Steve.

You might want to give Newegg another try. I have used them several times and the main computer repair shop in town uses them on an almost exclusive basis. They have been great to deal with.

I have found with PayPal some companies will decline the payment if there is ANYTHING different in the way the name and address is put on the order form as compared to the PayPal account. It took my wife over three hours to figure this out. She was trying to purchase something and the company was putting the additional four digits on the zip code. Since we did not have it on our account with PayPal, it kept getting rejected. Both sides said that it was a problem with the other side. After we got everything exact, it went through without a problem.

Good luck!
Doug

We use PayPal for 90% (or more) for our online purchases.

The problem may also be due to this Wikileaks guy, his supporters are "spamming" pay pal and others!!:mad:

I buy nearly all my hardware from Newegg, and have never had a problem. I've been using them for years- probably since about 2002.
Locally, I buy at the Pomona computer expo or at Fry's.

I have bought items from Newegg with no problem. If you go elsewhere be sure to get brand name memory stick. Kingston etc. Good Luck.

newegg is awesome I have bought tons of stuff off of them including an Asus computer, samsung monitor and some ram. They have always worked great for me I'm sure its just a minor problem.

Newegg is the absolute BEST company for selling computer hardware. One time I ordered some memory and a video card for a new build. The box came a few days later. I opened it up only to find the video card! So stupid me, I called newegg and told them they forgot to ship the ram. They immediately shipped it out no charge AT ALL. I got the new RAM ($100 btw) and rechecked the old box with peanuts...The old RAM was in there! I didn't check it thoroughly. So I sent the new RAM back to newegg since they HAD done their job and gave me the best customer service eggsperience I'll probably ever have. Newegg is the best, hands down.

Back
Top Bottom