underwood typewriter and a coke.

blackhole

Elite Member
A few of my non-detecting finds. A 1915 underwood typewriter and coke bottles with wooden rack. Any input!! Now if I could just cut down on the bad punctuation:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 106
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 103
  • Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 99
  • Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 100
a joke before it is banned......

The type writer is awesome and reminds me of a joke..............A physician was looking for a receptionist with typing and filing skills, etc. He was observing a young applicant taking the typing test. She would scan the text, then scan the keyboard and hit some keys hesitantly. This continued for 3 minutes. He finally told her..........."Miss, I see you are simply a hunt and pecker." She shyly replied, "No sir, I have been married for 5 months."..............The coke box looks in great shape!

When my sister and I took typing in High School, my parents came up with one of those for us to practice on. It still worked fine.

That Underwood is very nice - Underwoods were top of the line typewriters. That thing is built like a tank - no plastic. My brother bought an old Burroughs adding machine from the same era - it weighs about 45 pounds. If the typewriter were mine I'd get it cleaned and oiled (repaired, too, if needed) and keep it. Good luck finding a typewriter repairman. :lol:

The coke bottles are relatively recent. I think the painted bottles (instead of embossed) started in the 60s, and the logo on the case is also 60s or 70s. Congrats.

Back
Top Bottom