frustration

Tpmetal

Elite Member
Well it finally happened everyone. Like many others before me I was banned from another certain forum. Won't get into why, but if others with similar unfair experiences there want to know, I would be happy to share via pm. So I am writing this for members here who are also part of that forum, if you see anybody trying to find me can you point them in this direction to find me? I would greatly appreciate it. So glad to still have friendly metal detecting forum with sane moderators!

TP-metal, what was the stated reason they gave you for being banned on that "other forum" ? For me, it was that I was badgering the ghost-story crowd with skeptical jabs. And making fun of magic wands. Only affirming views allowed there I guess. So what was the reason they gave you ?

TP-metal, what was the stated reason they gave you for being banned on that "other forum" ? For me, it was that I was badgering the ghost-story crowd with skeptical jabs. And making fun of magic wands. Only affirming views allowed there I guess. So what was the reason they gave you ?

with out going into detail(trying not to make this a dirty laundry post, just want people to be able to find me) I reported two of a mods posts threatening 2 separate members with a ban or deleting their FUTURE posts, both of whom had not broken any rules. I then also filed a complaint through the "contact us". I was banned instantly for 1 year with "attacking a mod" on my ban screen.:?:

I've been on internet forums since the days of CompuServe and Prodigy. Last year I started reading metal detecting forums..... but I only joined and participate on this forum. The couple of other very large MD forums just didn't feel right. And having read some of the horror stories of things from the other forums I think I made a good decision.

This is definitely the most friendly AND highly active metal detecting message board that I'm aware of.

I hardly ever go to the other forums. This one keeps me busy enough. :lol:

I was a sucker for info, love having multiple places to increase chances of seeing or learning something new, Guess i still can, just can't lend hand trying to figure out mystery objects which was one of my favorite things to do on the other site. Guess you guys are stuck with me now though :laughing:, hopefully i don't screw it up here as well:shock:

I've been on internet forums since the days of CompuServe and Prodigy. Last year I started reading metal detecting forums..... but I only joined and participate on this forum. The couple of other very large MD forums just didn't feel right. And having read some of the horror stories of things from the other forums I think I made a good decision.

Agreed My experience here so far has been nothing but good!

I was a sucker for info, love having multiple places to increase chances of seeing or learning something new, Guess i still can, just can't lend hand trying to figure out mystery objects which was one of my favorite things to do on the other site. Guess you guys are stuck with me now though :laughing:, hopefully i don't screw it up here as well:shock:

I regularly read 5 MD forums as I'm an information junkie but this is the only one I participate in. A couple of the forums seem to have moderation issues, sadly one seems to have almost died after some loudmouth yahoos disrupted the forum. Good info all over but there seemed to be issues with several so I passed on joining. Still good to read and learn on the other forums.

I regularly read 5 MD forums as I'm an information junkie but this is the only one I participate in. A couple of the forums seem to have moderation issues, sadly one seems to have almost died after some loudmouth yahoos disrupted the forum. Good info all over but there seemed to be issues with several so I passed on joining. Still good to read and learn on the other forums.

absolutely, gotta look at as much info as you can

Probably another victim of the "Dent's Run Civil War gold" story. You can't say anything negative about that story or you get a vacation. They gave me a one year vacation for commenting about his tall tale. That guy must be pals with one of the mods over there...

If you need to look for a poster child , look no further ! I think THE KOB was banned here in a matter of hours. Right outta the gate ! You all laughed and made fun of me. I am a living testimonial .....that dreams come true and I'm still here. So who's laughing now ???šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Probably another victim of the "Dent's Run Civil War gold" story. You can't say anything negative about that story or you get a vacation. They gave me a one year vacation for commenting about his tall tale. That guy must be pals with one of the mods over there...

Hey freebird-Tim, yup: It looks like TP-metal is the latest addition to the growing list of banned misfits. I can't speak to *his* particular reason-for-banishment, but you and I share the same reason.

If you need to look for a poster child , look no further ! I think THE KOB was banned here in a matter of hours. Right outta the gate ! You all laughed and made fun of me. I am a living testimonial .....that dreams come true and I'm still here. So who's laughing now ???šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

You were not banned... you were given a time out... you called a member a disparaging name which is against our rules...

definition of a 'time out" stick ya ugly butt in a corner
facing the wall with a "mickey the dunce" cap on ya head!
harsh, but effective! ehe! he! heh!..just sayin'

(h.h.!)
j.t.

haha you actually nailed it:laughing:

Well it finally happened everyone. Like many others before me I was banned from another certain forum. Won't get into why, but if others with similar unfair experiences there want to know, I would be happy to share via pm. So I am writing this for members here who are also part of that forum, if you see anybody trying to find me can you point them in this direction to find me? I would greatly appreciate it. So glad to still have friendly metal detecting forum with sane moderators!

Did you get my Email I sent the day you started this thread ?

Back
Top Bottom