Supermoon Loot!

Slimpickuns

Forum Supporter
Hit a few of my favorite spots for 4 afternoon/evening low tide wet sand hunts over the weekend., not a lot of erosion as usual, but just enough to expose some targets, most of them pretty deep. Crusty Felix pennies and bobby pins were overwhelming and frustrating, but a good flow of clad with an occasional silver/gold item kept me goin. Had the GT running in All Metal/PP for all 4 hunts, anything that tickled my threshold, I dug. For gold I got a 1.8g 22k pendant, a 2 gram 10k Claddagh ring with cz stones. In the silver department I got two 925 ear rings, a 925 silver ring with aquamarine, a 1954D Rosie, a 925 Indonesian pendant missing stone, a 10k gold plated 925 hollow cross, a tungstun and a titanium band. Clad total was impressive at $67.46. And lasty a big load of trash consisting mostly of Felix pennies, bobby pins and tent stakes! man I hate tent stakes!!!

Well thats about it, thanks for looking, good luck and happy hunting out there! :cheers:

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 851
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 825
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 819
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 809
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 823
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 833
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 812
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 811
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 804
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 811
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 824
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 808
Some Great hunting!! Everyone in So Cal must be burying there treasure to keep them from the wild fires! Lots of targets dug, I would be out for a week if I dug that many..:oldguy:

Very nice! :yes:

With many of us striking out on the supermoon, I knew somebody was gonna end up bringing home some loot!

Looks like you worked hard for it, so I'm glad you got some yellow in there! That high K stuff is really cool! I'm still waiting to break the 18k threshold.

Very interesting silvers, too! Lots of variety!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

:dingding: The gold is as good as your outstanding clad haul! :wow:

What are Felix pennies?

It all started on this thread with the Lincoln Composition Proclamation.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=213378

The Lincoln Composition Proclamation!
Henceforth let it be known, that any penny that is composed primarily of zinc (also referred to as Z-Linc), will be known as a "Felix" in honor of his staunch support of this much maligned form of monetary currency against all evil doers and naysayers of the detecting world.

Nice

Haul, guess the high winds over their are helping with beach erosion, but the sad thing fueling the fires, get it while you can, Earl

Some Great hunting!! Everyone in So Cal must be burying there treasure to keep them from the wild fires! Lots of targets dug, I would be out for a week if I dug that many..:oldguy:

Thanks OBN! Yea man i'm pretty worn out after 4 straight hunts, major pop-eye arm goin on :lol:

Very nice! :yes:

With many of us striking out on the supermoon, I knew somebody was gonna end up bringing home some loot!

Looks like you worked hard for it, so I'm glad you got some yellow in there! That high K stuff is really cool! I'm still waiting to break the 18k threshold.

Very interesting silvers, too! Lots of variety!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Thanks TK-421! I definitely hit it as hard as I could, usually the window of opportunity only last about 3 days on a good spot before it closes back up again..I have a feeling a few other hunters had a good run under the supermoon, they're just not posting there finds :yes: While I was hunting my areas, I didn't see any other hunters..

What are Felix pennies?

Looks like you got your answer :D Now go out there and scoop yourself up a nice big pile of Felix Pennies! :D

:thumbsup: Great haul (and a decent amount of clad), there are some nice pieces of jewellery in there! :)

Crusty zinc cents. FelixtheCat, one of our members on the forum, is 'famous' for digging up truck loads of them! :lol:

Thanks X-terra70 for explaining the Felix Penny ;)

:dingding: The gold is as good as your outstanding clad haul! :wow:

It all started on this thread with the Lincoln Composition Proclamation.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=213378

The Lincoln Composition Proclamation!
Henceforth let it be known, that any penny that is composed primarily of zinc (also referred to as Z-Linc), will be known as a "Felix" in honor of his staunch support of this much maligned form of monetary currency against all evil doers and naysayers of the detecting world.

Thanks Felix! you know I do it all for the dings man! :D

Great explanation of your beloved pennies! :lol:

Congrats on all the goodies! Those are some fantastic finds!
Your junk pile looks very similar to my last couple of hunts in total. :no:

Thanks Ron 71! I like clearing out the junk, dont need that stuff masking any good targets :yes:

Great job in less than ideal conditions Slim- congrats on the gold and other jewelry. :yes: Wow...that's a lot of clad! :yes:

Thanks Compass! Yea I got lucky with a few areas that got some sand pulled down from the super high tides. The surf helped a little but not much in the erosion department. Most of my targets were mid to upper slope and super deep!

That was productive! Great hunting and finding! I like that 22k pendant and the Zippo!

Thanks Mud! The Zippo is in pretty good shape, don't think its been in the surf too long. Its pretty jammed up though from the sand, I cant seem to pull out the inside of it..

That is a target haul! Where you in the water or on the wet sand?

Thanks Darth-Finger! This was all wet sand slope, I go as far as ankle deep sometimes but that's about it. The Sovereign Gt control box isn't water proof so I try not to risk any watery mishaps :yes:

Ooh Wee! That is a lot of targets! Congrats on pulling out a few keepers from that mess.

Thanks DaviDs! Yea what a mess indeed! :yes:

Very nice set of finds!!!!

Thanks Vermonster! wish more gold would of popped out, but I'll take what I can get in these weak conditions we've been having :yes:

Haul, guess the high winds over their are helping with beach erosion, but the sad thing fueling the fires, get it while you can, Earl

Thanks Earl! Actually the winds were pretty weak at the beaches I hunted. I think the only thing that helped was the super high tides pulling down some sand off the mid/upper slopes. No cuts or visible erosion at all, just slope...

Goodness, what a haul! I could only wish to get that number of targets in my AO!

Thanks Buellride! Hoping you hit a mother lode of good targets bud!

That is some NICE color right there!

Thanks Z! Yea that high K gold sure does look good!:yes:

Great pix. Great play-by-play. You are one of the few in CA that got anything during those king-tide days. There was no swells, so .... most everywhere was just sterile sand. So congratz on finding an exception !

awesome hunt. I went to the beach yesterday and after 1 hr of LITERALLY not a single target, high winds and sanded in, I just gave up.. Gonna hunt a park in the morning. It's THAT bad in Diego. It's only worth hitting the deepest you can in the water on the lowest of low tides. All else is :(

Nice treasure chest! I like the gold, but the silver with that giant aqua is the best.

Back
Top Bottom