Dealer notifications

Beachscanner

In Memory Of
Just wondering if anyone that pre ordered an equinox has receiver any updates from the dealers they ordered through. I placed my order from Kellyco and have received zero. The silence is deafening. I worked 25 years in sales and marketing and if I used this method, I would't have made a dime. Any thoughts???

Agreed, but supply and demand drive the level of service the typical salesman will achieve. I think most dealers are overwhelmed by the interest in the Equinox and don't have the system in place to keep track and update everyone. Plus they are at the mercy of ML who has not been giving them the updates to pass along.

Just wondering if anyone that pre ordered an equinox has receiver any updates from the dealers they ordered through. I placed my order from Kellyco and have received zero. The silence is deafening. I worked 25 years in sales and marketing and if I used this method, I would't have made a dime. Any thoughts???

Seems to be a common complaint. When I order my Equinox it will not be through Kellyco.

...The silence is deafening. I worked 25 years in sales and marketing and if I used this method, I would't have made a dime. Any thoughts???

My thoughts exactly!

I deal with Treasure Mountain.... they have been giving updates all the while. Last I checked, they received their first batch and already dispersed them to those on the pre-order list. They still have many pre-orders to fulfill, as I imagine most dealers do. But, since they give weekly updates, it sure helps with the waiting process.

Last I heard from BBH is that they only shipped him one unit to start with, and he didn't know when the next shipment would be in. That was on Feb 8th. Not sure how far down the pre-order list I am, but I placed my order on September 27th. Hopefully they get him some more soon.

Last edited:

I went though this with my minelab 35 pinpointer, they will response when they can get one to ship. I had to wait about a week before any word. It does put you on the nervous side.

Think we'll know average citizens are receiving them when the used detector page starts blowing up with fire sales :) :popcorn:

When the cost of Labor goes down. Which is Never.
I don't agree. if the tariffs go up to import, it will make sense to build them here. buy American.

US labor rates are quite reasonable if you don't have unions. Nonetheless, it would costs millions to mobilize and setup a mfg'g center (US or otherwise). When you consider how relatively small Minelab is, it isn't fiscally feasible.

Average wage in Malaysia is between $7.67-$8.67 A DAY, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for detector production to be moved to America anytime.

Minelab probably has enough cash from just the equinox preorders to build a US based warehouse :laughing:

How come when I pre-ordered a Corvette I only left a 1000.00 refundable deposit if it wasn't delivered in 30 days..but a 800 buck MD is paid up front...?:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom