Bucket Lister Less Than 100 Known $5 HALF EAGLE DUG DUG!!

Wow!!! So jealous of you west coast guys and your gold coins! Sorry, don't mean to sound like Tom complaining about those east coast guys finding colonial stuff. Congrats on the amazing bucket lister, you should be proud!!

Times 10

Congrats, what a find!! 1865 S 27,612 minted

And most of them apparently melted down in antiquity . Because "less than 100 known". I'm sure that statistic has a bit to do with "slabbed" versus those never slabbed. But still: Even assuming that many more than "100" still exist: any coin that gets that type notation in the coin-guide-grade books is a trophy. (heck, any gold coin at all is a trophy).

And most of them apparently melted down in antiquity . Because "less than 100 known". I'm sure that statistic has a bit to do with "slabbed" versus those never slabbed. But still: Even assuming that many more than "100" still exist: any coin that gets that type notation in the coin-guide-grade books is a trophy. (heck, any gold coin at all is a trophy).

YES wish could join that gold club....nice to see patience paid off. hh

Attachments

• de9a6e2c2d9e9f0620b61be908f6ff72_zpse245a716.jpg
    de9a6e2c2d9e9f0620b61be908f6ff72_zpse245a716.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Fineas Fogg! Definitely worth a Jumbo Font monster of a bucketlister! Congratulations! You gonna sell it?

Thanks!

Nah I don't sell any of my finds. I've had a few offers for some of the finds I've dug and posted, but for me it's passion over profit :waytogo:

Holy COW! That's a beautiful coin! Congrats on the rare find! This should be moved to the eye popping and mind blowing forum. Will you get it graded?

I'm thinking I will, more for posterity then anything as I don't sell my finds, but she would look nice in a PCGS slab :waytogo:

What did it ring up as Brian? That’s a heart stopper there...I can’t imagine. Best coin find I’ve seen in some time...

Came in as an unwavering 64 TID with beautiful pure/clean audio on the Impact running @ 20kHz, Di3 mode with the 11" coil.

Thanks for looking :grin:

OMG, that beauty is beyond bucket list worthy. How's the air, up there in la-la land? :laughing:
Thinking outside the box, you could probably trade that for a Bitcoin :laughing:

Big, big congrats!!

The air is thin in la-la land :D

I wish I'd bought Bitcoins 5 or 6 years ago when I thought it was a dumb idea....geesh another lost opportunity :shock:

Amazing find man, that's WAY up on many lists. Did your heart rate speed up seeing the gold edge in the hole? That's a feeling you will not soon forget, big CONGRATS!

To be honest, it rang in at a 64 TID on my Impact and I figured it would be another shotgun butt. When I dug the hole, it flashed pass me when it flipped out of the hole, and because it was caked with mud, I just barely got a glimpse that a dull gold disc had flew by, and it didn't register that it was a gold coin until I looked down and saw the golden reeded edge. Even then, had no idea if it was a US coin or something else as last trip there I dug an 1837 British silver one shilling coin, so ya never know. I was astonished after hitting it with some water to see the date, at the time Tom pulled up PCGS on his phone and started talking about crazy values and rarity.

I hope it's something everyone gets to experience, something you'll never forget....well unless your name is Tom in California, he's probably too old now to remember the details on all 15 of his gold coins - :laughing: Heck I think some of his were CoinStar finds :lol:

Back
Top Bottom