Equinox 800,600 & deus

james45

Elite Member
Was just wandering Deus,800 and the 600 all use chargeable batteries so what happens when the battery will no longer take a charge?If i remember right a battery will only take so many charges,so do you send the detector to the dealer and pay for a new battery plus shipping?:wow:james

Was just wandering Deus,800 and the 600 all use chargeable batteries so what happens when the battery will no longer take a charge?If i remember right a battery will only take so many charges,so do you send the detector to the dealer and pay for a new battery plus shipping?:wow:james

Equinox can be changed by owner.
Deus more complicated.
If you have HF coil(s) they can be changed by owner (they slide in and out of stem easily)
The remote and headphones, there are videos showing it done.
The low freq coils, I recommend they be sent to Xp service center for change.

One note here.
I haven't seen anything posted about battery changes in Equinox OEM wireless headphones.

Ive used my Deus pretty heavy for over two years now. Have not noticed any change in performance yet. Hope my Equinox does the same. I much prefer rechargable lipo batteries over alkalines

It would've been a good idea to have some kind of back up power option for any of the newer detectors out there. I do like how the Kruzer offered a AA battery pod that can be used instead of the internal Lithium Ion.

Not to mention possible weight/balance issues. Not sure about the Nox but it perfectly counter weights the stock coil on the Kruzer.

Ive used my Deus pretty heavy for over two years now. Have not noticed any change in performance yet. Hope my Equinox does the same. I much prefer rechargable lipo batteries over alkalines

Same here. No issues so far.

Purchased my Deus on the 20th June 2011 and not had any of the 3 batteries replaced yet.

Yes my 9 inch coil is starting not to hold its full charge for the quoted time but after 7 years I can hardly complain.

Back
Top Bottom