Bucks County, PA

BrettCo

Hey everyone,
I am from Bucks County, PA (right outside of Philly).
Anyone from the area? Anyone know good (legal)
places I could check out? I would like to stay away
from the law completely!
Thanks,
Brett

WELCOME! Try the “stickies” at the top of this section and also the clubs sticky at the top of the Clubs, Hunts and Event section of the Forum.

I live in bucks county too,levittown.I emailed parks and recreations about where its legal to md but no reply yet.Let me know if you found any legal places.

hey,
so far I had asked Tyler State Park...that was a no, haha. Looking forward to trying a place soon. If you find any and would like to meet up and give it a shot, that would be great.
-brett

Hey everyone,
I am from Bucks County, PA (right outside of Philly).
Anyone from the area? Anyone know good (legal)
places I could check out? I would like to stay away
from the law completely!
Thanks,
Brett

I live near Trenton NJ good luck finding some spots.

Hi

I live in Abington, Pa and I asked at Fort Washington State Park as well as Tyler State Parks and got yes's for detecting.

You can also do the county parks in Bucks County if you are a resident. The parks office is located in Langhorn, Pa. All you have to do is obtain a free permit and several parks including Core Creek are yes's excluding the historical areas. I unfortunately cannot go to those parks because I live in Montgomery County.

If you ever want to chat about metal detecting or meet to detect together, you can contact me at 215-921-0700. I have been doing it for about 10 years and I am really hooked. I go as often as I can go. I just started doing some research and I have started asking permission to go to older places in person. I tried asking permission over the phone, but people were not very trusting.

Good Luck and happy hunting.

From David

Hey, im very new to detecting and in UPPER Bucks..i have eyed a few places,mostly in the back woods.....i havent been past it in a year or so but there is one very old abandon/emty stone house along the delaware river(on the pa side) just a few hundred feet north from the Frenchtown bridge,cant miss it!white 2 story with a stone wall along the road... i believe the quarry bought it when they expanded and now has sat emty for 20 years..the quarry driveway is just a few driveways up,might be worth asking..:D

Just wanted to say to fedderdavid thanks for posting the info about bucks county parks and recreations,I tried to contact them many times now with no response.I'm just going to go up there and ask for a mding permit.wow,theirs mder's around the bucks county area,nice to know.

Bucks

Hi,
I am in lower bucks. I have to pick up my permit still. There are a couple places nearby to hunt.
I got my permit last year but never got around to using it in the parks. I would like to go through Core creek, they have a couple large events in the grass, so there my be some stuff laying around.
Email me and try to setup a time. haven't been out this year yet. I do like to go to wildwood beach also
Jon

Hi -- I'm from Levittown. I've done some detecting at local schools, and on some old fields where kids played football back in the 50s and 60s. I found some decent coins and interesting stuff.

If you want to check out some locations in Bucks County, here's my cell phone. 215 989-7722 -- Dave S.

I have been planning to go check some spots ... but haven't gotten around to it. If you have some time, give me a call and let's do it.

I collect coins, and have found a few decent older coins a few years back. I have a Garrett Ace 250 which seems to work pretty well.

Thanks -- Dave

i learned that there is a difference between county parks and the "dept. of parks and recreation" ...i was told (thrown out of) a park that was owned by the dept. of parks and recreation and told anything owned by them was off limits to metal detecting. make sure ya check

bensalem here

Looking to find some locations . I talk the nashamny state park ranger he said I could get a permit for that park . But if anyone want to go out hit me up 215 9328878 the Wayne F . I just started so if you have experience great if not no problem .

I'm in Trevose. I wouldn't mind getting a permit for the park. Always good to have a place to go to.
Where do you get the permit, I'll go with you and we can see what the park has hidden

state parks are ok, You need to contact office and get permission from the park director. Go in person, works better.

County parks go to core creek park to get a permit.

State parks are lil harder to get the ok, but ya can.

Lots of pvt places to hunt ya need to get out and knock on some doors. I have found some of my best stuff at local pvt homes! Feel free to shoot me a PM but according to your post ya might not want to.... I am the law (local police).:laughing:

PS I am from Bucks County.

I live in bucks county in Bristol but work in Montgomery county and found 2 old farms behind my work in the woods where I also deer hunt you can see the old diet road that lead to each

If your up for a day in the woods searching there is 2 old farm house foundations that I found while out deer hunting behind my work one of which still has the well at ground level that I almost fell into I found what looks like an old copper candle or wall light fixture and white and blue glazed Victorian style plates laying near the surface near the house foundation if you wanna get out let me know or text me at 2672220850

Back
Top Bottom