First Class Ring... Update

There you go Girl! What a Beauty! Thanks for posting about that 'jumpy signal'...thats really important...a lot of us...after years of detecting, our ears get attuned to only hearing the crispest and tightest of pings, and dismissing or not hearing the others...Great find and inspirational reminder for me to treat every signal individually...becoming curious again, and just flat excavating!

Congrats "V" on a great dig. As you have already found this hobby is very rewarding. If you are able to make a return of this class ring you will find the rewards are not always though in just the dig. Hope you continued rewards in your future in this hobby. Trapper

What a great dig! Ten rings in your first three months of detecting...some silvers and golds...you are officially "killing it"! All while pulling down school and after-school gigs? You, V, are a natural! Congrats on the beautiful class ring. I bet your return will be greatly appreciated!

You're knocking it out of the park with rings, V!! Fantastic save! Please do let us know how the research goes for tracking down the owner - how cool would that be to make your first "return"?? Your Grandpa is going to be tremendously proud!

Contact the school and they should be able to contact the owner through their alumni group and give the owner your contact info. That’s what I do to easily find the owner

Very nice class ring V. Found 2 in last month, unfortunately they are class of 1936 and 1938, so people would be pushing 100 and long gone, but would be cool to find something modern to return. Fun to pop rings for sure, especially gold ones. Just think if you do find the person they will be 50 yrs old, awsome!

It should be back on his finger by Saturday.

It's my experience that that is wishful thinking... Sadly, it'll end up in a box, and forgotten about within a month. :( I genuinely, have never met an adult past 22, who wears their high school class ring.

Fun return, though. I'm sure it took him down memory lane!

It's my experience that that is wishful thinking... Sadly, it'll end up in a box, and forgotten about within a month. :( I genuinely, have never met an adult past 22, who wears their high school class ring.

Right. I dont think a class ring would even fit, mine wouldnt, if I had one. I'm sure the owner tried though! Really nice return V!

I know you're right that people often don't wear their class rings, but it's still possible that he will. I know more than one middle-aged person who wears their high school ring often, if not all the time.

The important thing, V, is that you took the honest course of action by returning it to its rightful owner, and it sounds like you made him very happy! The ring will likely be even more special now than if he hadn't lost it - since now he's had the amazing experience of having it returned. :yes: Great job!

The ring will likely be even more special now than if he hadn't lost it - since now he's had the amazing experience of having it returned. :yes: Great job!

Congrats on the successful return, V....well done! Cool that he remembered so much detail about how the ring was lost and was excited to get it back. That implies the ring might be more meaningful to him. I agree with Princess - even if it doesn’t fit him anymore, having had it found and returned in such a unique way might just make it more special than before he lost it. If nothing else, you helped cast a very positive light on metal detecting in general! :thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom