Multiple Silvers - Last Hunts of the Year!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Well, the weather has turned here in Western Montana, temps dipping below freezing and some snow today. Might be able to get out a time or two more but I figure this is the "end of the line" for detecting here.

Am thankful that I got in a couple of hunts earlier this week, producing my last silvers this year. A neat 1910 farmhouse produced 4 Mercs and a Silver Rosie, and a small front yard in town produced a Merc, a Silver Rosie, a cool 1950 play money copper coin, and a neat 1941 Hamilton Montana dog tag. The ground was slightly frozen in a couple of spots, including one where I pulled out a Silver Merc dime. Didn't find too many Wheaties this time, about 10 wheats to 7 silvers so no complaints in that department!

Here are some pics of the last batch of coins / relics, and a few winter shots taken in town. The one with part of the Bitterroot Mountains was taken last year, the other pic was about 10 minutes ago out my front door. Am really pleased with all the good finds and fun I had this year, 219 silvers, and a lot of other coins, tokens and oddities. The AT Pro has brought in some goodies! Will have year-end totals later, I am tumble cleaning my copper memorial pennies over the last week, looks like 2 1/2 quart fruit jars full. I have almost 3 quart fruit jars full of the clad nickels dimes and quarters, and weighed out my wheat pennies 6.6 lbs @ 145 copper cents / lb gives me about 957 Wheaties. Overall Wheat/Silver ratio of a little less than 5:1. Thanks for your interest and happy hunting to all that can still get out!

Attachments

• last1.jpg
    last1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 264
  • last2.jpg
    last2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 219
  • last3.jpg
    last3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 215
Sounds like your facing the similar problems as I David. Cold, Snow and the start of frozen ground. Still if it ends your doing so on a very high note. Congrats on all those Silver's and all the rest. I love that old Dog Tag and the scenic picture of the Bitterroot's. Will look forward to your year end post but hope time and opportunity holds it back for awhile yet. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, appreciate your kind words and yes, glad to end the year with some shiny! I was wondering about that as the silver was sure a tuff pull this last month, plus I had a couple weeks where I could not get out to detect. Huge Congrats! on your amazing year and your many quality finds!

If that was your last hunt of the year it was certainly a great one! Congrats on finding over 200 silvers in a year that sounds unattainable for most and pretty remarkable!

Great job! Excellent finds! I am so not ready for the snow, wind and the cold!

Thank you Captain!

Thank you remmy!

Thank you arw40 - yeah, perhaps another day or two here in the next week, but below freezing nites will start to add up.

Thanks spenglure! Am very thankful for so many good finds this year. I think next year I will slow down a bit, would love to road trip back where the older coins are in the east.

Thanks WyoTom! I am not looking forward even to our mild winters here, might have to head "south" for a month or so this winter to get a bit of detecting in.

Great saves!
We received 4 inches of white death Thursday, nut most of it has melted now.
We never did get an Indian summer yet...

Thanks Matt! The ground is frozen here now. Daytime temps are up into the low 40's but nite time temps of mid 20's plus moist ground equals no digging.

Back
Top Bottom