Garrett 250 or the MPX

Daddy-O

It looks like most people are going with the Garrett 250 for a first-timer's detector.  I am wanting to purchase a detector tomorrow for my wife (her birthday is in a week).  This is something that she has wanted to do for a long time now.  I was almost ready to purchase the Garrett 250 when I came across some info on the MPX.  It looks like it might be better than the Garrett 250 and just as easy to use as a first-time detector.  Since I am pretty ignorant of this stuff, I was hoping to get some advice from you all as to which would be the wisest purchase.  Thanks.
Daddy-O
BTW, Did I say that I was hoping to order her detector tomorrow?  :grin:

How lucky you are. That's the kind of gift I wouldn't mind shopping for.

Thanks for the advice guys.  It is amazing how one company's advertising can be so wrong (concerning the MPX).  It makes you wonder how many people they have steered wrong and disappointed over the years.  After listening to your advice, finding the "search" feature on this website, reading reviews and talking with Tony at www.tcmetaldetectors.com, I have decided to purchase her a Tesoro Cibola instead of the Ace 250.  BTW, I will probably never purchase the MPX.  Thanks again for all of the advice.
Daddy-O
Edit - I have also decided to get her the vibra probe 560 pinpointer.  She is going to be sooooo excited on her birthday!

The word "probably" still worries me. Eliminate it from the sentence, or donate the money to charity instead. Otherwise you are wasting it.

WThesing said:
The word "probably" still worries me. Eliminate it from the sentence, or donate the money to charity instead. Otherwise you are wasting it.
Okay, how's it look now? :grin:
Daddy-O

Back
Top Bottom