vflex vs FBS

coin pirate

Forum Supporter
Probably an age old discussion, I'd like some up to date opinions...please, and thank you.
Start with, I'm primarily a coin shooter, relics second, gold(rings only) third.
I've been contemplating an upgrade from my X-terra 705, it's a fairly newer machine,with a couple different coils, I like it a lot, but hate all the adjust this and adjust that change coil etc., I was originally thinking about upgrading to an E-trac, but now am considering a Safari, that's right, A Safari, not many people talk about this dude much. Same FBS as the Trac and CTX, but simple to run and go. I'm not worried about having all the arsenal of adjustments to pull everything from the earth since man walked it, I just coin shoot as a hobby.
So, keep the V-flex, or go FBS, I heard the Safari shoots deeper, but slower recovery, difficult if multiple targets...is this correct??
Good upgrade, or keep the X-terra?
No pot stirring the different camps, don't want losing the X regrets, and don't want both machines.
Thanks again.
:digginahole:

Edit:
or...thoughts on a Minelab Explorer XS with 11" Pro Coil and keep the X-terra?

Never used a Safari. I own an e-trac and an Equinox 800. Used the Equinox quite a bit when I first got it buy have migrated back to my e-trac with 13" Ultimate coil.
I am strictly a coin-shooter and love to cherry pick my targets. Nothing but the CTX can do it any better in my opinion. Like any other detector, don't expect miracles. You will need to get your coil over the coins. FBS will sniff out that deep silver!

That's primarily what I want, a deep coin sniffer...sounds dirt-y, damn, two puns in one lol.:laughing::laughing::laughing:
Ok, done laughing at my own jokes, might be moving back to N. Ohio in a couple years or sooner, ex-Cleveland-er myself.

Funny seeing this post,was just getting ready to head out with the Safari today..I like the 705 ,and the Safari..owned several of each,and a few Etrac over the years.
Performance wise the Etrac won’t find anything the Safari won’t. Safari is setup from Minelab for optimal performance,Etrac you hafto setup to get the same performance...Etrac pulls ahead in the visual ID though..But if it’s a coin you’ll mostly dig it anyway.
705 is deep but you’ll need a tornado coil..Without it it won’t compete with fbs technology on depth.Not much will..Safari is a excellent machine, that’s why you don’t see them used here much..Keep an eye out,you might see mine listed soon,I switch out a lot.lol. Good luck,Safari gets my vote for ease of use and performance.

Attachments

• 1CC39ABD-7D5E-4D04-A9E6-ED15CB0B5678.jpg
    1CC39ABD-7D5E-4D04-A9E6-ED15CB0B5678.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 352
Whahoooooo, I now is a bonafide Safari owner!!
Which means, a Minelab X-Terra705 purchased from Kellyco in 2017 will be posted in the classifieds faily soon, with extra coil, barely 20-30 hours use.

Well, you made your decision so this thread should be closed. But that was a short time to allow folks to reply, only 2 Days, so I will anyway.

1st: You didn't indicate a price range but did imply you're likely to own only 1 detector. I always suggest 2 or more to complement each other.

2nd: I had 4 of the X-Terra series since pre-introduction. They were 'OK' at the time, kind of. The 705? Not up to a lot of what was and is on the market for the $$$.

3rd: I've owned several BBS Sovereigns and 6 or 7 FBS Explorer series models, and of them all I feel the Explorer II was the best of them. Didn't care for the Safari. None are great on lower-conductive targets, and terrible performers in a dense iron contaminated site making then NOT very good unmasking devices.

4th: If you had not already bought a device and we knew what price range you were shopping in, I'd have suggested 2 models since you seem to be leaning on Minelab. Those would be the Equinox 800, which I do not own, or the Vanquish 540 Pro Pack, of which I now own two

Very good performance on lower-conductive gold jewelry, terrific performer for Coin Hunting to include lower-conductive Nickels as well as the higher-conductive Zinc, Clad and Silver coins. Better balance than the FBS series and no quirky sweep speed like the X-Terra series.

Just my experienced opinions.

Monte

Back
Top Bottom