My Bluetooth headphones

Cherry Picker

Forum Supporter
I thought I'd give an opinion of a set of bluetooth headphones I put together. My inspiration was going to the local Hastings store that was going out of business and seeing a set of Skullcandy HESH 2 Wireless headphones at 70% off so I bought them. I then got on eBay to look for a good low latency transmitter. I chose a [aptX Low Latency] TROND 2 In 1 Wireless Bluetooth 4.1 Audio Transmitter. I used heatshrink tubing to fasten a 3.5 to 1/4 adapter so I could connect the headphones by wire to the detector if I wanted. I did the same on the transmitter plug that goes into the detector. I going to use double side Velcro tape to fasten to the bottom of my detectors.

These headphones sound fantastic with really good low end and smooth tone. I am still putting everything together and will report back on the final results with better pictures. Right now I'm using them with the physical wire and love them. The fit is very comfortable and light.

Attachments

• Bluetooth-3.jpg
    Bluetooth-3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 804
  • Bluetooth-2.jpg
    Bluetooth-2.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 850
  • Bluetooth-4.jpg
    Bluetooth-4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 661
Nice work! I love being wireless! Looking forward to seeing more of your reporting on this project, Detector.

Got the Transmitter today and am charging it now. I tested the pairing of the headphones and transmitter and it was easy. Hold the button on the headphones until it starts blinking blue (about 5 seconds) then press the button on the transmitter. You hear a voice say Pairing and about 5 seconds latter I hear the detector. Curious to see if there is any lag between the sound and target once I start swinging. I'll let you know. Here are a few pics. Sorry they came from my cell.

Attachments

• Transmitter2.jpg
    Transmitter2.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 695
  • Transmitter-1.jpg
    Transmitter-1.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 605
Here is a video showing the response. I didn't notice any Latency/Lag at all. Now to test how long it will last on a charge.

You shouldn't notice any lag however if the transmitter and receiver are forced to "fire" through your body (i.e. One is in your rigt ear and the other is worn on your left hip) you may not get signals sometimes as the bluetooth frequency range doesn't penetrate our wet fleshy bodies very well. Just fyi.

You shouldn't notice any lag however if the transmitter and receiver are forced to "fire" through your body (i.e. One is in your rigt ear and the other is worn on your left hip) you may not get signals sometimes as the bluetooth frequency range doesn't penetrate our wet fleshy bodies very well. Just fyi.

What?

Back
Top Bottom