Where to sell jewelry?

Ebay may be the best place, but not the easiest, and their cut is about 12-15%.
Have you considered a local jeweler?

I've always done really well selling jewelry on Craigslist. As long as your patient enough to wait for a serious buyer and filter out the low-ballers Craigslist doesn't disappoint.

Took the necklace up to the local cash for gold guy. The necklace is 14 grams of 999 asian gold. He offered me $420 and I walked away.

What would have yall done?

I would have walked away also. Why didn't he just ask if you would "give" it to him instead of offering you a lowball price like that. lol

My guy might pay around $510 on that.. $420 isn't nearly the worst I've heard...

<°)))>{

Ahhhh, just pulled up the eBay ad you cited. For gold, I used to have a guy that paid 97% of the daily gold price, but haven't found someone similar since moving to Maryland. My earlier post still stands, as I found my last gold guy on Craigslist and he paid top dollar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy gold when i have the ready cash....and on ebay most go for melt or just over unless blingy and then depends on the bling...small diamond chunks add little to the melt price...i will only buy stuff that can be sold as usable later....not one for holding onto junk which ill get cut up on later when melted down.

Your best bet is probably fleabay and then take the hit..there are times when people will go over melt by a long shot but 12% cut isnt bad compared to 40% slice from a gold buyer or worse.

I would try to sell it and not melt because the price on e-bay is way higher than its actual price in gold. You have to make a profit or your not in business.

I would try to sell it and not melt because the price on e-bay is way higher than its actual price in gold. You have to make a profit or your not in business.

The only thing i find people willing to go over melt time and time again is nuggets...great profit, you just have to find them first...:laughing:

Beauty there Trapper!...Hang on to it for a minute unless you really need the money now...at least for another month...lets see what gold does after the Brexit vote...24k dont come along all that often...
Mud

I buy and sell watchs as a hobby.

I would never sell a watch or gold on ebay. Too many scammers out there. PayPal protects the buyer. Checkout PayPalSucks.com

There is a guy on BreitlingForum who sold a $8000 watch on ebay. Took him 8 months to get his money back.

i also have a necklace and pendant i want to sell and my local coinstore/jewelry guy said Ebay would be the best bet for something worth more than melt.

Back
Top Bottom