Just ordered a safari what to expect

Msdigger

I'm new to minelab have never even touched one what should I expect what program to start with any help would be helpful thanks

Garrett At pro and pro pointer

No real advice here but I recently got a Minelab Explorer and I just wanted to say I hope your learning curve going from the ATPro to the Safari goes better than mine has so far :laughing:

There is definitely gonna be a learning curve but it shouldn't be that bad. I used Explorers and the Trac and always thought the learning curve was overrated. Once you get use to the tones you will have the biggest battle won. Stay patient and swing slow and low.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Hey there. My advice is to wear good headphones 100% of the time. This class of detector has a lot to tell you about what is under your coil. Definitely go low and slow. You may want to consider getting a Sun-Ray inline probe in your near future. I use the Explorer SE and quickly learned my Pro-Pointers were not going to cut it because I was finding so much trash on the way deep down to my intended target. The Sun-Ray uses the discrimination of the detector- not all metal. Let us know how you do. GL and HH. Matt

The tones will take some getting use to, also you need to swing them slower than other detectors. The settings on Safari's are not too bad from what I've seen, similar to an Explorer, so it wont be that difficult to set up the detector.

Thanks for all the replies and I will defiantly swing it slow anybody know where I can get a sun ray for a reasonable price the only one I seen was 260 used and I think that's a little on the pricey side

Garrett At pro and pro pointer

Back
Top Bottom