Hello from Fresno, CA (soon NY)

ny2cafuse

Greetings, all! I figured I would stop in and say hi.

New hobbyist, like 2 days ago new. Stumbled across a Youtube video on metal detecting one night watching TV with my 6yo daughter, and she was all into it. We ended watching The Hoover Boys, Aquachigger, iDetect, etc over and over for like a week straight. So I decided to look into buying a detector... which became an obsession. Scrapped together some bitcoin, bought an amazon gift card, and had a Whites Treasurepro delivered to the house on Tuesday. I would have liked to have ordered from a forum sponsor, but buying with bitcoin means the wife doesn't complain about spending the fiat on another hobby. Got it set up, went out into the back yard and found a bunch of eaten away pennies, a TON of nails, a dime and a quarter. I didn't know anything about the discrimination, the sensitivity, or any of the other options. Yesterday, went out again with a little more knowledge of the machine, and I was able to get another few pennies, another quarter, and a large metal bracket whatzit that looks like industrial scrap of somekind. Either way, I'm loving the hobby, and I obsess about what else could be out there in my yard... and that's just my yard!

In a few months I'm moving back to NY. Ulster County area. I'll probably look for a club out there, or even a friendly loner to swing a coil with. For now though, I'll be hitting up my family members and seeing if they'll let me dig their yards!

Cheers,

Fuse

Back
Top Bottom