hello to everyone ; new to this forum. intro.....

And a side not to tom_in_ca......... You know., i really never thought about all the changes in technology from waaaaaay back then, to now!
Thats a pretty awesome view of it thanks !
HH.

I started in about 1976 (at about 15 yrs. old) with a used whites 66TR (which, at the time, was about 5 yr. old technology). And the guy I hunted with was using a Compass 94b or 77b (which was a few yr. old technology at the time too). And it was right about that time, in 1976 or 77-ish, that we began to see TR discriminators. So we rushed to buy them. Then about '78 to '79-ish, we began to see motion discriminators. Which we initially bristled at (d/t it looked like they were "golfing", so we dismissed them as fools). But once we saw what they were finding, we stopped laughing and rushed to buy those. Doh! And so on and so forth on-through the evolution.

So yes, your generation, was right on the cusp of the lightening fast evolution that occurred from the early/mid 1970s, to the early/mid 1980s. No one who started after that can ever appreciate what occurred.

Back
Top Bottom