Tumbling finds and the breaking even point?

Gotcha. So no marks in the thin one then? I thought "if I turn that upside down, it's HN..." :laughing: Turns out it's Heng Ngai jewelry Ltd. out of hong kong. You still may mix up a little baking soda paste and try it on both rings. Could be that they picked up the color that the other stuff you tumbled em with was dropping. Like the old pink clad from tumbling them with coppers.

So funny...NH is not a good mark, that could go either way. You would think a jeweler would have known better! I'll try the baking soda trick and see if I can pull any marks off of it. Thanks Olds!

Why not used sand to clean the dirty coins with? My grand dad would used creek sand to clean coins with. Just an idea for you guys and a cheap one too.

Why not used sand to clean the dirty coins with? My grand dad would used creek sand to clean coins with. Just an idea for you guys and a cheap one too.

I'd think it would be hard to separate the sand from the water again once tumbled for a couple hours? Little steel shot works great, won't rust, easy to separate, more expensive, but sand might work?

I took gravel from along the side of my road from when they sand in the winter, with a drop or two of dish soap and 4-6 hours they come out pretty nice. I brought a BIG bag of tumbled pennies to a coinstar once, and haven't since lol. The reject tray filled up way to quick, to the point where coins were rolling halfway across the grocery store :lol: I waited for it to get done counting grabbed what I could and left the rest. I had a woman behind me that wanted to empty her little purse to get the 5$ off her groceries. I could tell she was getting upset by my time consuming return. Plus this supermarket was in the city so there were a ton of people around lol. I will Never use a coinstar again. But I'll keep checking them :yes: HH!

Back
Top Bottom