KilleR WeeKend..Barber half..indians, 100th silver this year

goes4ever

Elite Member
I had just a fabulous detecting weekend.....
friday night I went to a park that was started in 1954, went to dig nickel signals hoping for a buffalo, but got even better, a 1901 V nickel!

Saturday started off rough, in the morning just got clad and some wheats, went home ate, rested a bit and went back out with another buddy. We hit a farm where I got an indian, rosie and some wheats. Then I hit one more house for 30 minutes and got a two indian spill. Takes me to 58 indians for the season.

Sunday OhioCoinhunter (Dan) drove up to hunt with me as I had permission to hunt a 1890 farm that I got from craigslist, got 2 mercs and 5 more wheats there. I spotted a nice looking farm across the street, and when we were leaving I saw someone pull in the drive. So we pulled in right behind them and asked permission. The owner granted permission and we were off.

First target of the yard was a 09-46 at about 5-6 inches. Hole was solid roots, but I kept at it hoping for silver, well silver it was, and BIG silver...1895-O barber half dollar! Got some more wheats there and we moved along in search of greener pastures.

We spotted a house in town with a large lot, stopped, knocked and got permission. At this time I was at 99 silver, looking for #100, I started off with a 4 wheat spill, then got a iffy quarter signal, dug down and got a 1942 quarter for my 100th silver of the year. Then I got another merc, (silver #101) bunch more wheats, and lastly the sterling ring. I won't mention what Dan found, don't want to ruin his story, but he got something good, a first for him!

Great weekend, great weather, awesome finds! can't ask for more!

The dirty pic is just from todays finds, which is 85% of the weekends finds anyhow..lol

DSC01116.jpg

DSC01118.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01121.jpg

DSC01122.jpg

DSC01123.jpg

congrats, that is an awesome weekend.....that barber half is the same year as mine but without the scratch :roll:

don't feel bad, I got a scratch on the back of mine from getting it out of the roots

I know what you mean about the scratch, I scratched the back of my Morgan Dollar too!:mad: Congrats on hitting 100!:firstplace: You beat me to it! I am at 86 after todays hunt. Your Indian head tally is really nice too! I am only at 13. Good luck on your next 100 silvers.:yes: AL

The Best !!!!!

Simply the best !! You did a great job hunting and a fine job of getting the dirt off without scratching the coins. Great hunt fine work!!! :yes: :yes:

Simply the best !! You did a great job hunting and a fine job of getting the dirt off without scratching the coins. Great hunt fine work!!! :yes: :yes:

thank you, when I find silver, I NEVER ever rub the coin to see the date, I just put it in a pill bottle I carry and rinse it off when I get home. So many people rub silver when they find it, and it is obvious when they show a coin with small scratches all over them. You really got to handle dug silver carefully

Great job. you met your goal and now any silver that you find should just be shipped to me. Way to go and thanks for sharing.

It is SO easy to hate you, but how can I? I wanna be just like you! Congrats on all your great finds and I wish you nothing but continued success! Happy hunting. DAve.

Awesome job on the weekend's results, you did great, and congratulations on surpassing 100 silvers for the year!

Back
Top Bottom