Heraldic Pendant

hiddenheraldics

Hi all attached picture of a 12th - 13th century heraldic pendant i found. still displaying plenty enamel all though the suspension loop is broken which is peobably how it became lost.

Attachments

• SDC10205.jpg
    SDC10205.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 492
Thanks Don finds like this make up for the hours and hours of finding nothing. I guess its what makes the excitement, thrill and enjoyment of the hobby. plus the research that follows

I get so jealous of you folk overseas who can go out and find stuff over 500 years old on a daily basis. Finding something like that might just blow my mind.

Thanks buddy that was found over a period of 4 full days without as much as a button and i had walked over the area on numerous occasions. As they say patience is a virtue!!

Hi Rick thats as good as it could get. Collectors do not like artefacts of this nature to be cleaned. the green patina created as a result of many years in the ground adds to the authenticity of the piece. i have a detailed report from the portable antiquity scheme giving me the history of the piece. i guess i am pretty lucky to have permission on such history soacked land. Some items i attempt to preserve, however you have to be careful as some preservatives can taint and change the colour of the enamel. This is pendant number 5 i have found now. will post othres for all to see some time soon.

Tony

Well who knows perhaps when i get to know some of you guys you could arrange to come over to England and search for yourself. We have throughout the country various national detecting rallies which are open to all. they are good fun but its also good to detect on land of your own that you have permission on. Im not to protective over sharing my land with genuine people who also get a good buzz from the hobby

Tony

Back
Top Bottom