Oh Pooh! Only .333 gold but I'll take it!

metalwrkr

Went to a nearby school yesterday with some buddies from here on the site. We hunted for a couple of hours without much success. The general feeling was that it was pretty pounded already. I had just an hour for a flying hunt today and the school is nearby, so I decided to give it a second chance. Managed to scrape out a wedding band that I thought was a gold colored tab top when I first saw an edge of it. Glad I didn't rebury it in disgust without wiping the dirt off! Also found a pewter Pooh Bear charm. A question comes to mind. Does the "Pooh" charm indicate that this is a "Honey Hole"?:giggle: Guess I'll go back for a third time just to be sure.

Attachments

• IMG_0875 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_0875 (800x600).jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 232
That's awesome. I love that Pooh Bear and congrats on the gold!

I found a monopoly car and a pewter Peter Pan from a monopoly game too. They're some of what I consider the best part of metal detecting. The odd stuff is fun to find.

I KNEW someone would ask that

I understand where you are coming from. It IS my habit to carry the trash away but I would be less than honest if I said that I have NEVER reburied a piece of trash. I have been known at about the 237th consecutive tab top to leave one in the hole. I hope this does not destroy my credibility. :no:

Back
Top Bottom