Custom AT Pro Straight Shaft w/ Mechanical Remote PP Mod

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
Ok well here it is, something I have been meaning to do for quite a while. Although I primarily use my Excal, I really love the AT Pro in the heavy iron spots and mineralized sand. Which is one of several reasons why I did this.

Im sure some of you may not agree or care for this mod but I generally do not need to use front end displays as I hunt these days and most of the time I go by sound only. Thus I moved the unit back behind the elbow for a much better balance and feel. Since I am in the water with this, another advantage is that it helps keep the sand from going into the front face buttons.

However one nice thing is the remote PP feature that I like which I did not want to lose the option to do. So instead of altering the actual unit. This mod features a bar end brake handle with a cable fed through the handle and the actual bolt (drilled through) into the carbon fiber shaft to the spring loaded mechanism in the back which is pulled to push the button. On top of that, the push button rail can be slid over to push the ground balance feature so I still have that ability to use as well.

Everything is adjustable and can be taken apart if needed. I also ended up taking the unit apart for a much needed cleaning. Mostly due to sand and such. Several of the parts came from Plugger and some I had to make or get on my own including the extension coil cable which was key to all of this. Plus I added the new Nel 3.5 x 6.5 snake coil to cut through that iron.

Lastly, I will probably stop using the Grey Ghost headphones and go back to the stock one (personal preference). The volume pots went bad so I cut them out and I will waterproof the speakers, much like my custom excal headset, so now they can survive a splash or two including the rain.

This has now become my sharp shooting AT Sniper Pro. A nice formatable tool for the arsenal.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 384
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 352
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 340
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 342
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 347
Beauty Rig there SaltShaker! I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing with mine...I never look at the screen except to check the batt level anyway...I dont use the PP button either, although that set up is a sweet one you did there!

By moving that heavy brain box aft, this kind of set up will no doubt make it a more comfortably balanced drysander (especially with a Big NEL thunder coil)...as well as the perfect water rig! Well done and thanks for the pics!

Beauty Rig there SaltShaker! I've been thinking about doing the exact same thing with mine...I never look at the screen except to check the batt level anyway...I dont use the PP button either, although that set up is a sweet one you did there!

By moving that heavy brain box aft, this kind of set up will no doubt make it a more comfortably balanced drysander (especially with a Big NEL thunder coil)...as well as the perfect water rig! Well done and thanks for the pics!

Thanks. I knew you were a heavy AT Pro user so I thought you'd like this. Sadly if they had built the battery holder differently then you wouldnt need such a large box. The main board is very small so it's just a waste.
In any case, it was worth it to move it back. If I ever visit MI, I'll let you try it out.:grin:

If I ever visit MI, I'll let you try it out.:grin:

'Heavy AtPro user?' Well, yeah, If you consider 200lbs Heavy! :laughing: Last time I saw my Doctor, he said I'd be a lot healthier and happier if I stopped drinking and lost about 20lbs of worthless ugly fat...So I said "I'm not gonna stop drinking, so what else do you recommend?" He said, "Cut off your head!"

I think Irons is a heavier AtPro user than me though, I've seen him in his wetsuit...damn guy is carrying triplets! He uses his bellybutton as a finds pouch!

Theres no gold here in Michigan, so dont bother coming over! :laughing:

Attachments

• irons.jpg
    irons.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 347
'Heavy AtPro user?' Well, yeah, If you consider 200lbs Heavy! :laughing: Last time I saw my Doctor, he said I'd be a lot healthier and happier if I stopped drinking and lost about 20lbs of worthless ugly fat...So I said "I'm not gonna stop drinking, so what else do you recommend?" He said, "Cut off your head!"

I think Irons is a heavier AtPro user than me though, I've seen him in his wetsuit...damn guy is carrying triplets! He uses his bellybutton as a finds pouch!

Theres no gold here in Michigan, so dont bother coming over! :laughing:

Ha! Well if thats you with the cigarette in hand then I would start there but if you quit you may gain more weight so you may feel better but then you are past the 200 lb point.

I also forgot there's no more gold left in MI so thanks for the heads up. I wont bother now. :lol:

Ha! Well if thats you with the cigarette in hand then I would start there but if you quit you may gain more weight so you may feel better but then you are past the 200 lb point.

I also forgot there's no more gold left in MI so thanks for the heads up. I wont bother now. :lol:

Yeah..thats me barefoot with the Non Filter LuckyStrike....I dont like my doctor, thats why I havnt seen him in 10yrs or so...I'm sure he has forgotten all about me...

He took Xrays of my lungs and said he thought somebody took an Xray of a garage sale shopvac..said my cholesterol rated off all the charts known to science and classified in the 'large curd' dairy section....'3 slump' for the concrete guys reading.....Then, he wanted to stick his finger in my coalchute for some strange reason? I'm like WTH? I can do that all by myself!

Why am I here? To read the Highlights and Better Homes and Gardens magazines in the waiting room? He was very adamant and got all uppity...said, "Listen, you are about to stroke out!" I said "You damn right I am!! Thats about the correctest diagnosis you have managed! And I'm a gonna start with an uppercut and then a left hook if you dont put that finger away!" So I've not been back...I think he's a golfer....pretty sure of that...:laughing:

Yeah..thats me barefoot with the Non Filter LuckyStrike....I dont like my doctor, thats why I havnt seen him in 10yrs or so...I'm sure he has forgotten all about me...

He took Xrays of my lungs and said he thought somebody took an Xray of a garage sale shopvac..said my cholesterol rated off all the charts known to science and classified in the 'large curd' dairy section....'3 slump' for the concrete guys reading.....Then, he wanted to stick his finger in my coalchute for some strange reason? I'm like WTH? I can do that all by myself!

Why am I here? To read the Highlights and Better Homes and Gardens magazines in the waiting room? He was very adamant and got all uppity...said, "Listen, you are about to stroke out!" I said "You damn right I am!! Thats about the correctest diagnosis you have managed! And I'm a gonna start with an uppercut and then a left hook if you dont put that finger away!" So I've not been back...I think he's a golfer....pretty sure of that...:laughing:

I used to have a Dr like that.. Dr. Jellyfinger I believe his name was.. funny thing is he was a Golfer too.. go figure.

Awesome Mod SaltShaker.. living proof when there is a will there is a way.

Back
Top Bottom