How'd I do? A guessing game ***results page 3***

The Traveler

Back from my latest tropical excursion, with a load of pictures. But instead of just telling you the whole story and showing you all the good stuff, I thought I would entertain you with a game.

Guess how many gold rings I found?

Ask for hints, I'll give clues slowly.

One week, 55 hours of hunting. I hunt in the water, but unprecedented poor weather (wind and waves) forced me to scour the beach most days.

*Please don't ask me the location of this. It is the one place my wife likes to go and so we go every year. It is a small area, increased hunting pressure would significantly affect my results. I do not want to ruin our experience. If you figure it out by the pictures, please be silent? I am posting this for everyone's benefit, I will delete the thread and walk away if necessary.

First hints are the number of bottlecaps and poptops:

Attachments

• tabs small.jpg
    tabs small.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 899
  • caps small.jpg
    caps small.jpg
    192.7 KB · Views: 873
Last edited:
How about a goose egg but maybe a lot of people with hangovers? :grin:

No, not goose egg. I would have run with my tail between my legs if that happened.

I would think more people would have hangovers with all the drinking, but they sleep in until 9 or 10 and immediately start drinking again. I don't get it. I drink one or two beers and pass out. But, I am working pretty hard 8-10 hours a day when hunting.

55 hours of hunting per week. 8-10 hours per day. That's a mighty large pile of pull tabs:wow: I'll guess you averaged around 2-3 gold rings per day if it's a tourists destination w/o much competition. Sorry to hear mother nature failed to cooperate as I'm sure your totals would have been much higher had you been able to get knee to neck deep;)
What detectors did you have on hand? Got a pic of your total clad count...I might be able to get a closer estimate if I know in general what geographical area your in...carribean perhaps? Did the wife hunt as well?

55 hours of hunting per week. 8-10 hours per day. That's a mighty large pile of pull tabs:wow: I'll guess you averaged around 2-3 gold rings per day if it's a tourists destination w/o much competition. Sorry to hear mother nature failed to cooperate as I'm sure your totals would have been much higher had you been able to get knee to neck deep;)
What detectors did you have on hand? Got a pic of your total clad count...I might be able to get a closer extimate if I know in general what geographical area your in...carribean perhaps? Did the wife hunt as well?

I am with you AM....what ever you say....this is your field! ;)

They're professionals..........been there, done that, though not anymore thank goodness. Hey I'm truly happy that my guess was incorrect :D . 'nother clue?.......

No, not goose egg. I would have run with my tail between my legs if that happened.

I would think more people would have hangovers with all the drinking, but they sleep in until 9 or 10 and immediately start drinking again. I don't get it. I drink one or two beers and pass out. But, I am working pretty hard 8-10 hours a day when hunting.

Hard to say! 22 to 25 gold/platinum? What detector are you using? If I was using the DF I'd wouldn't of dug all those beer cap if I was using the excal most likely I wouldn't have dug any of the caps or half the pull tabs.

Those rusty Corona caps get me every time. "this part edited as per request"
Thats about 3 days for me on my trashy beach and I can easily go 3 days without one but the competition here is fierce.

My guess is 13 gold

Should have mentioned I swing an Excalibur II and this was in the Caribbean.

You guys are good, much better than I expected. I thought I could string this out for a few days. I'll post the gold pic tomorrow, giving others a bit of a chance to guess.

I have some other pictures I'll post, but they are on my other computer and will have to wait unitl tomorrow morning.

Back
Top Bottom