Dont listen to crazy ladies

REAL_RAT_FINK

Forum Supporter
I went out to a nice small beach at the lake today, beautiful weather. This spot has produced some nice jewelry in the past. After 30 mins, a van rolls up and woman sticks her head out. "Hey!" (Mistake #1, acknowledging crazy lady) "Does that thing find gold?!" (Mistake #2, confirming that it does indeed find gold). She starts getting really excited. "If that finds gold, you need to follow me, seriously follow me" as she points down the road. I believe she has a solid tip for a lost ring or something gold (This is mistake #3). I then get in my truck and follow her down the road (Mistake #4, dont follow strange women who profess to know where the gold is at). She stops about an 1/8th of a mile down the road and two women get out of the van, both pretty haggardly.

The driver gets out and excitedly points to the ground. "There is gold all over in this area!!! This is where you should try it!!" Pointing to all the shiny flakes along the shore

(All mistakes now realized) :dash2::dash2::dash2::dumb::saywhat:

Turns out, pyrite still fools a lot people. To give her credit, she was trying to be nice. Moral of the story? I'm sure there are a few, but, heres mine: keep your head down and pretend you dont hear em :laughing:

Last edited:
Should have swing the detector for a few minutes an announce that your detector has quit detecting gold. You would not have hurt their feelings by telling them it was pyrite.

Should have swing the detector for a few minutes an announce that your detector has quit detecting gold. You would not have hurt their feelings by telling them it was pyrite.

Not a bad idea.... I was very polite about it all and told her a gold pan would be much better suited for the job.

Back
Top Bottom