Sandwich Illinois

Hunting Partner

Hi David,

I live in LaSalle Peru so I am less than an hour from Sandwich, been there many a time lol. I d love to go with you and check out that area. What is the best way to contact you to talk more about it.

Thanks, looking forward to hearing back from you, and the weather breaking lol

Wally

Hey David, forgot to say I m running the AT pro too.

It would be fun for some of us here close by to all get together

Count me in! Good call taking Easter weekend into consideration. A rain date backup is a good idea. Heck, with midwestern weather you have a chance of it being a "hot as hell day".

The AT Pro will be loaded and ready!

Count me in! Good call taking Easter weekend into consideration. A rain date backup is a good idea. Heck, with midwestern weather you have a chance of it being a "hot as hell day".

The AT Pro will be loaded and ready!

No kidding! The weather for next Wednesday is supposed to be in the 50's!!!

before I moved to n.c. me and a few buddies detected the forest preserve, I pulled a few silver coins out. at the ball field along the 1st base line I dug a standing liberty quarter. some woods pretty narly, poison ivy too. good luck.

Sounds like fun, good luck to you all on this outing. I too, used to live in LaSalle/Peru, moved to MI in 2001. Been to the Sandwich Fair many times when our kids were small, always a kick to learn of past history and what "used" to be around.

The melt-down has begun! My weather station recorded a high of 49.6 today at about 2pm! I expect most of the snow to be gone within a week or so!

Meet-up Details

When: Saturday April 11
What Time: Arrive at about 9am and leave for the location at 9:30am
Where: In the parking lot just East of McDonalds in Sandwich located at 120, Indian Springs Dr, Sandwich, IL 60548

Details:
Stugpanzer drives a Blue 2005 Ford F250 Crew cab truck with a matching cap. Form up near me so we can meet and greet! I will hand out information, which includes a birds-eye photo of the forest preserve now and in 1939 (Thank you Coin Hunter) which gives us a good idea of where to hunt for Country Club artifacts. Please keep in mind that the park has been a forest preserve since about 1940 so pretty much anywhere in this park may bring some successful hunting!

At about 9:30, we will caravan to the Sannauk Forest Preserve

I'm not sure if I will have secured permission for the old lake shore and for the amount of people that will probably show up so I don't know if we will get over there, other than possibly to the city park. I am, however, working a possible surprise location which I will not divulge...just in case that falls through.

Rain Date: Saturday April 18 - Same Bat Place and Same Bat Time!

Never been on a group hunt, but if you can handle one more cheesehead I'd love to come. I will have to check with my social director to make sure she has nothing planned, but would welcome the opportunity.

It's a 3 hour trip but I'd be game.

Never been on a group hunt, but if you can handle one more cheesehead I'd love to come. I will have to check with my social director to make sure she has nothing planned, but would welcome the opportunity.

It's a 3 hour trip but I'd be game.

Sounds great! I would love to have you here. There is plenty of room!

Some of my friends and I have worked that forest preserve several times over the last few years. We found quite a bit of clad around the bunk houses. The old baseball field did yield a few silvers and some Wheaties. The drained lake does sound promising.

By the way, there is a sledding hill (used to be a Par 3) in the center of the forest preserve. The old tee off area now has a warming shed on it. The hill is very steep and hard to detect but the bottom area is flat. A lot of trash but we did find a few goodies. Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom